EPSON T504 compatible ink for a EPSON L4160 printer

mexjuan

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L4160
@Ink stained Fingers
I had missed your entire post where you said
Epson is playing games with the model and ink numbering in different sales regions to make gray imports etc more difficult, it's similar in Europe
This is really useful information and answers a lot of my questions. I had suspected as much but it's great to have that confirmed. THANKS!
Also...
But back to the T504 ink - you can turn off the coded top of the bottles - with some force the first time , but do it - you can buy any other Epson (compatible) ink , e.g. Ecotank ink in the U.S. for the equivalent printer model and put the Mexican top on that bottle or do a swap over into the other bottle.
I have now successfully removed the top of one of my T504 ink bottles, as both you and @stratman suggested. And I'm pretty darned confident now that I can buy T502 inks in the US for use with this printer. I just have to save the old T504 tops and take them with me when I go. In fact, as you mention,
I'm using a WF2010W with this same printhead mainly for tests - inks and such - and this model runs with a full set of Durabrite pigment inks but Epson does not want you to know those details.

the day I want to make archival prints, it's good to know I can use Durabrite inks. I would need to figure out how to empty the tanks first though. Of course it would probably be best to do that before attempting to move the printer to the US, in any case.

mexjuan

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L4160
@stratman
I have now successfully removed the top of one of my T504 ink bottles, as both you and @inkstained fingers suggested. And I'm pretty darned confident now that I can buy T502 inks in the US for use with this printer. I just have to save the old T504 tops and take them with me when I go. THANKS!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I just have to save the old T504 tops and take them with me when I go.
Great news. Thanks for contributing excellent information.

As suspected, the top shapes differ by region, no doubt to prevent gray market sales between one region of lower cost to a different region of higher cost.

Consider my previous advice about buying a second set of T504 ink bottles before your move so you will have TWO sets in case one or more caps get damaged or lost.

Let us know how it works out!