EPSON STYLUS SX230 - printing problems

buconova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON SX230
Hello

What is in the picture is supposed to be a test page. - "It seems highly strongly encrypted to me ;)"

Since we all know what a properly printed test page looks like, we know that this is not the case.

What went wrong here? Or what is the reason for this?

Is there any hope for this printer?

Please help, for which I thank you in advance.

sx.jpg

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Wow, Looks like a Freedom Of Information Request on the WE scandal in Canadian Parliament.;)
Sorry couldn't resist.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Wow, that's an interesting nozzle check indeed.

I assume that you are running this printer already for quite a while, let's try a first step for a clean of the timing strip, this tends to get fogged from ink residue in the printing area. There is a small gray plastic strip passing through a sensor on the back side of the printhead carriage which should be cleaned, wiped off with a small piece of paper from a kitchen towel, you may wet it with a window cleaner. You need to disengage the printhead from teh parking position, you turn the printer off, on again and pull the power cord as soon as the pritnhead starts moving. Now you can move it anywhere so you have better access to this timing strip.

Coding strip.jpg

Azelus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L132
Check printhead flat cable condition and connectors on main board and printhead. There should be no damage or liquid. If everything ok, then most probably problem with printhead itself.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is probably a combination of several causes for such a nozzle check print - there appears to be an offset of partial prints depending on the head movement left or right - and some black nozzles missing as well - let's see. And I cannot really see any cyan yet....

buconova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON SX230
Thanks. I threw it in the trash ;)