Epson SC P6000, good nozzle check then bad after printing

shuyo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1900
Hello. How do I know if my print head is faulty or it is because of other worn printer parts? I have good nozzle check on LK channel after heavy cleaning, but it gets bad after printing. I have already tried to use cleaning cartridge but with no success. For test print I use grey sheet. Scanned print is attached. I increased contrast in image so the result is more visible. What bothers me in result, is why it starts to print lighter, then darker, and continues to print bad. After that I get bad nozzle check. After cleaning and good nozzle check I get same result. I have had similar issues two years ago. I had very bad nozzle check on LK channel and I had to change the print head. Considering print head price I wonder if there is anything I could try before print head change. I got advice to change the dampers, but I know if that will solve my problem.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 131

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I got advice to change the dampers, but I know if that will solve my problem.
Replacing a damper is definitely much cheaper than replacing a printhead, you can get them from a spare parts dealer or via Aliexpress from China, and you may need a service manual with instructions to do it.

Are you using original Epson inks ? There is a very fine filter in the dampers, and it can happen that this filter gets clogged up slowly over time and causing ink flow problems. But only replacing a damper can tell you whether that's the cause for your problems.

shuyo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1900
Replacing a damper is definitely much cheaper than replacing a printhead, you can get them from a spare parts dealer or via Aliexpress from China, and you may need a service manual with instructions to do it.

Are you using original Epson inks ? There is a very fine filter in the dampers, and it can happen that this filter gets clogged up slowly over time and causing ink flow problems. But only replacing a damper can tell you whether that's the cause for your problems.
I have been using original Epson inks since day one. Is there a way to know if it is the damper or the printhead problem?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Is there a way to know if it is the damper or the printhead problem?
I would only see one way to find out - to test it out with a new damper before you replace the printhead itself - or get it replaced.