Epson R2880 CIS Yellow not Recognised

Jamesmcuk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
Hi and thanks for any help in Advance

I have an Epson R2880 and its very very rarely been used. I bought a CIS system for it and then didn't use it for ages again. Anyway I recently wanted to get it going so downloaded the drivers and set it up on my win 10 machine.

I expected it to be clogged and it was but importantly everything was working normally. I performed about 5 head cleans and test prints in succession before the yellow reported as Not recognised and it is now a paper weight.

I have tried everything to get it working:

Normal ARC reset procedure
Removed and Replaced Carts Many times
Pushed carts in hard
Cleaned Cart Chips
Cleaned Printer contacts
Swapped the ARC Chip for a new one
Powered off the printer at the mains for 30 mins
Done the Cart Replace procedure on the printer
Done the Cart Replace procedure through the Driver

The Driver is Version 6.61
The Chips are 961R V6.0

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try other than buy a genuine Cart

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

Jamesmcuk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
Thanks for the reply. I will look through it and try everthing in there.

A bit more info is that my CIS has 2 chip sets as in 2 pcbs - 1 per lot of 4 carts. I replaced the chips on the pcb attached to the yellow and it was the same. However I have tried removing the carts in blocks of 4 and the errors get pretty random with it apparently thinking there are faults with the 4 inserted as well as with the ones removed.

Basically when only inserting half the carts I am getting some random cartridge error lights until I put them all in and its back to just yellow error light

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I got random cartridge error lights when I was removing and re-inserting my CIS carts. It was really only the Cyan that had a problem - and it ended up that it needed a new chip - but before I replaced the chip it would look like it was being recognized until all the carts were back in and then it would always come back as the only one not recognized.

Jamesmcuk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
Thanks for the reply. I changed the yellow chip. Well in fact I changed 4 of them twice because the last 4 carts are all on the same PCB and reset switch. Anyway as a last ditch based on your experience of getting a seemingly random error light I bought the replacement for the first 4 carts and all is now well. So god knows why it was reporting yellow when it was one of the other chips that was faulty. Anyway for anyone with a similar problem here is the chips I got. http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss-spares/epson/r2880/r-series/auto-reset-chip-replacement