Epson R2000 - manual feed problem

racing_green

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2000
I had never used manual feed tray. I decided recently to try it for lustre paper and sometimes it works fine, most of the time throws "paper jam" message or sometimes I load paper it pull it in and pushes it out through the printer immediately. I guess some sensor is dirty? Also when printer is pushing the paper back I hear squeeaky sound - it it possible that epson uses current monitoring and too big mechanical resisnance of some roll is triggering the paper jam? Standard feed works flawlessly. When the problems occur the lights on the printer are:
- power: flashes,
- wifi: flashes,
- paper: sometimes solid, sometimes flashes.

I know very little about printer solutions - my guesses might be a mile off the target :) Any ideas what's wrong?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You probably need to change the sequence of actions - first select the manual bypass in the driver and start the print job, and then feed the paper - the user manual should explain that in more detail.

Last edited:

racing_green

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2000
Thanks for the suggestion to check the manual! Holding the paper (pushing it it gently) was the missing piece of information. Also I didn't know to use the roll button when operating manual feed. From the manual:
"Slide the paper in until it stops and keep it lightly held in this position for about three seconds. The paper will be fed into the printer automatically.
Tip: To eject the paper from the rear of the printer without printing, press the [ROLL] button for three seconds or more. Press the [ROLL] button again after removing the paper to end the blinking [PAPER] light error display."three seconds.