Epson Pro 3880 starts ringing

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
I am intensively involved in trying for a whole series of days in a row, to get my 3880 on the Ethernet.
Not withstanding a lot of help offered I am still totally unsuccessful!

But for the first time in some years of using the 3880, the printer now starts to ring a bell in a series of bell tones in fast succssion.

I can't find a reason for this bell sound and wonder whether anybody can tell me what this bell signal tries to tell me?
Harry

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I can't find a reason for this bell sound and wonder whether anybody can tell me what this bell signal tries to tell me?

There might be a Friggin Train coming the other way... :lol:
Sorry Harry, I couldn’t help myself... :hugs

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hey man - it was just me calling You!:duc
Just press "Eject" and answer - I intended to give You an IP-address.:)

Yeh sorry Harry - like The Hat, I couldn't help myself.......

When such shit happens - unplug ALL - then press "ON" for some time to drain the printer from remaining current/voltage in the capacitors.
Then let the printer rest some time and before connecting to the wall again - press ON. Connect to see what happens.
(Old school that is! Might not work any longer....)
Also about 3880 sounds here:
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/init-problems-with-3880.11175/#post-94012

By the way - if you have a long USB cable you might try something like this USB-amplifier instead of Ethernet and spend some time printing and with family:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ugreen-USB...hash=item1eccefa7df:m:mV3sKUg060kBb6D8dBQcdeA

A techie shop in home town might have something similar.

Last edited: