Epson P400 help please

talem84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson p400
I have put my P400 away at this time, isn't there a lever on the left side to let you slide in the CD tray, you may move it up and down and watch any status/error indicator.
will try

currently dont have the cd tray, just the poster board fine art door seems to sense its not closed for some reason.

talem84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson p400
It's not really clear where the problem is - which type of system are you running ? Could it be that you still have a print job in the print queue ? Can you try to connect the printer directly to the computer via USB and call up the status monitor from the driver on the utility tab.

heres a video of what's going on.

https://vimeo.com/448276151

trying not to waste ink

talem84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson p400
I have put my P400 away at this time, isn't there a lever on the left side to let you slide in the CD tray, you may move it up and down and watch any status/error indicator.
Figured it out.

WWhen you open the fine art medium door, there is a lever on the right that pushes in when you close it to indicate that the door is closed. that doesnt push in hwen the fine art medium closes but i can manually push it and itll print fine.

talem84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson p400
thanks for feedback, it is a lever - on the right side as you note - causing the problem
yes when I push it in with the door open it will print. I belive it stays down when I close the fine art medium door. I'm assuming a peice might have broke that pushes it up when printing from the regular feeder.

talem84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson p400
thanks for feedback, it is a lever - on the right side as you note - causing the problem
why is my paper smuggling like this at the end? this is going through the thick medium side and is plain paper. regular feedersays theres a paper jam and onto go to this feeder.s

Attachments

• 20200820_125403.jpg
    20200820_125403.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 279