Epson L800 lines at the beginning of the print and at the end

awx0ne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800
Hi.
I sold my printer in a online shop and the buyer after a month returned it and said that it has problems.
Right now printer prints lines at the beginning of the print and at the end.
plus the head alignment had vertical and horizontal in the #1.
What should I do?
Btw the buyer claims to gave the money to some shop to clean the print head for him.
but now there are these problems.
not to mention when I sold the printer the printer was working perfectly and was printing borderless without any problem.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_204543.jpg
    IMG_20211231_204543.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20211231_204556.jpg
    IMG_20211231_204556.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20211231_205116 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20211231_205116 - Copy.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 178

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What were your conditions of sale - as seen or with a short warranty/return right ?

How many pages did you print before sale ? How did you document the status of the printer to the buyer ? Which inks is he using - yours or other ?

Did you ever clean the index band which passes through the rear of the printhead ? Did you do other service/maintenance actions before sale ?
All analysis starts with a clear nozzle check - please post it here , a printhead alignment is not the first step.

awx0ne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800
Thank you for your reply

What were your conditions of sale - as seen or with a short warranty/return right ?
I didn't sell it with any kind of guaranty.
But when the buyer contacted me a month later I decided to avoid conflict and take it back.
Printer had a complete nozzle check for all inks but Black ink was a little bit slow (it would sometimes show some signs of clogged nozzle but after head clean it would open up.)
I also did print 4 full pages of the same sparrow picture attached.

How many pages did you print before sale ? How did you document the status of the printer to the buyer ? Which inks is he using - yours or other ?

I would say 1000 photo, 1000 text and the rest was only head clean.
One day prior to the sale was the first time I saw the maintenance error which I did reset the print counter.
I've had a bottle for waste ink since day one so there wasn't even one drop of waste ink inside the printer.
He replaced normal dye ink with sublimation ink which when I did examine a few drops of it, it was a little bit sticky.

Did you ever clean the index band which passes through the rear of the printhead ? Did you do other service/maintenance actions before sale ?
No I didn't clean the index band since I kept printer in an immaculate condition. Protected it from dust with two layers of cover over the printer at all times minus when I did use the printer.
I did clean the head through printer setting with Head clean/ Power clean.
All analysis starts with a clear nozzle check - please post it here , a printhead alignment is not the first step.
I did attach three nozzles checks.
After a few prints or specially head clean the results are unpredictable.

Is it true that it is recommended to avoid using power clean or even normal head clean since it would fry the print head electronics?

Sorry if I'm not articulate.

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_131151.jpg
    IMG_20220101_131151.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20220101_132451.jpg
    IMG_20220101_132451.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20220101_141739.jpg
    IMG_20220101_141739.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your detailed feedback, I think the biggest and foremost problem is the use of another non-regular ink

He replaced normal dye ink with sublimation ink which when I did examine a few drops of it, it was a little bit sticky.
I would have denied any responsibility and support in such case - the printhead is not made for any arbitrary ink you think you want to use - using such off-inks is at full risk of the user - it may work or not - or only for a short while.

I think a thorough clean up/purge is necessary in your case, flushing the printhead and cleaning the ink system.
Follow these instructions to flush the ink channels in the printhead, you have similar access to the printhead carriage as in the video, you remove a cover over the ink tubes and pull out the dampers - the cartridge inserts - now you have good access.

I would replace the dampers as well, they are available as spares via Aliexpress, and I would use an printhead cleaner to flush the ink tubes - fill some cleaner into the tanks and pull the mix through the tubes with a syringe attached to each of the ink tubes - one after the other.

Before you do all this you may use the WicReset utility and start an ink Charge to flush the ink system , replace the sublim ink first with regular ink or a cleaner.
WicReset can give you some more information in the status report - it's a free utility.

awx0ne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800
I did everything as it was demonstrated in the video. I even disassembled the printer and cleaned tubes and tank.
I got a full nozzle check right after the complete clean up but once I printed something the black ink started to get clogged again.
I did print a full page black photo and it started fading from middle of the page forward.
At this point I'm not even sure if this print head is mine. What is the best recipe for making the strongest head cleaning solution?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It is common assumption by members in this forum that a cleaner with some amount of ammonia does a good cleaning job.
You may search for 'ammonia' or 'pharmacists solution' in the forum,
availability of a househould cleaner containing ammonia depends on your country of residence, drugstores or pharmacies may be other sources.

I did print a full page black photo and it started fading from middle of the page forward.
That's a problem rather difficult to get by - you don't really know where in the ink supply chain the leftover clogs are hiding and slowly moving to the printhead. There is a little wire mesh filter in the damper which hopefully catches most of them, and flush the black ink channel in the printhead another time and observe if a clog shows up again, or how long it takes . I remember from a L805 that such situation can be rather persistent , and it took me about 1000 pages to print text and several flushings until the last clog was gone.
I'm experimenting quite a lot and I take the risk that such problems happen, but I would not easily recommend
such off-use of a printer just for this reason

awx0ne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800
Printhead is officially dead.
In my country buying a brand new printhead is super expensive and I can't afford it. But if I want to sell it, I need to fix it.
At the moment there are used p50 printers that I can buy and replace the printhead.
is it possible to replace the printhead with other printers?
Right now there are used P60 / T60 / P50 that I can buy with a somewhat reasonable price.
Someone told me that if I replace the printhead from different models, not only it wouldn't work but also will destroy the new printhead.
What should I do?

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The printhead pn# is F180040, and this model is used in a wide range of printers from the R280 to the T60

https://www.sdott-parts.com/epson-s...px660-print-head-f180050-f180040-f180000.html

I don't know wether you need to register the printhead - a code or barcode on the printhead - with the firmware, the coding contains printhead parameters, and you would need the service software for that, and the service manual may be helpful as well.

ClarenceL

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G570, EPSON L800/L3150
Printhead is officially dead.
In my country buying a brand new printhead is super expensive and I can't afford it. But if I want to sell it, I need to fix it.
At the moment there are used p50 printers that I can buy and replace the printhead.
is it possible to replace the printhead with other printers?
Right now there are used P60 / T60 / P50 that I can buy with a somewhat reasonable price.
Someone told me that if I replace the printhead from different models, not only it wouldn't work but also will destroy the new printhead.
What should I do?
Clean clogged printhead took times, I tried to fix a heavy clogged black channel printhead on L3110 before.
Actually I tried everything even ultrasonic cleaning(easy version, not the one fully disassemble & sink the whole printhead, it's too hard/risky for me to reassemble it)
Flush by cleaner back & forth as this video
Left some cleaner in the tube for sink a few hours or days.
It took about near 1.5 months, I tried many method gently.
Someday I changed a new source for the cleaner, at first nothing improvement.
But I left it there a few hours, the cleaner disappeared in the tube. The clog dissolved.
I even don't sure which method really works, or maybe everything did might helps a little.

Not sure about P60/T60, might be the same 90x6 nozzles.
But P50 seems like the same printhead as L800
You might also need to input Head ID after replacement by adjustment program like WICreset.

awx0ne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800
Thank you for your replies

I have 2 Question:
1- Where the print count is stored? on the mother board or printhead?
2- What is the initial print count before you get the service error (inkpad error)?