Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
It all depends how much exposure your prints get to sunlight, not all inks are equal in this respect,
you may scroll through some tests here
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/which-pigment-ink-for-epson-1500w.9323/page-23#post-95689

Thanks for that. I'll print a couple of test images and leave them out in the sunlight. (what little sunlight there is here in Western Canada in winter) :)

Another question, if I might. I'd like to install a waste ink bottle. It looks easy on this printer because there's a little door for access to the waste tube. The Internet tells me that the right kind of tubing to use is "aquarium" tubing. Is this correct? And is that where you get the little inline connectors to join the Epson tube to the bottle tube?

And another question: Is there any disadvantage to allowing the Epson Status Manager to operate? Will it update the printer driver and prevent things I might want to do later? Like 3rd party inks? I'm trying to change the power off and sleep settings and it won't accept the "send" button to invoke the changes. I suspect that the Status Manager not operating is preventing this. I'm getting a "checking the printer status" message in the window "Printer and Option Information"

Thanks. And Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
what little sunlight there is here in Western Canada in winter

I guess it will get better again with the sun in some months from now .
I didn't look to the location of the waste ink pads yet, the counter is only increasing very slowly. I think the L800 is mechanically based very much on the older P50 photo printer, here are the explosion drawings https://www.gedat-spareparts.com/ex/p50.pdf please look to sheet 4 on the right side, there is an item 717 , a plastic box with several pads, and a few more in the bottom of the print mechanism. I would not do anything yet, and replacing these pads with pressed kitchen paper when the counter shows them full.
Can't you start the status monitor from the Utlities tab in the driver ?

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Thanks for the exploded diagram. Looks very much like my L805.
I intend on doing mostly borderless, hence my concern with a waste tank.
I see a checkbox for Status Monitor 3 in the Utilities tab. I'll try it.

This is my first experience with a dye printer. WOW! Superb saturation and D-Max.

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Is there a service manual for the L800 series or the P50 available?

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
I must say, I love this little printer. It's a great companion to my 9800. Glossy, borderless 8 1/2 X 11 prints look superb. My only regret so far is that it won't print borderless on North American "legal" size: 8 1/2 X 14.

Taksmon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805, SC-P600
It is a fun little printer! I'm running low on LC and LM, I should order some more ink soon.

My only regret so far is that it won't print borderless on North American "legal" size: 8 1/2 X 14.
You can get around it by creating a user defined size, since borderless capability is based on width and not length.