Epson L6570 Printer firmware

mastho

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L6570
Hallo there. I got Epson L6570 Printer stuck
It displays EPSON DEVICE..RECOVERY MODE..UPDATE FIRMWARE
But seems i cant get the firmware on any Epson website.
Please Help.
Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
How did you install the driver ? if you install from CD there is a program 'Epson Software Updater' which gets installed automatically and let you do driver and firmware updates.

mastho

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L6570
How did you install the driver ? if you install from CD there is a program 'Epson Software Updater' which gets installed automatically and let you do driver and firmware updates.
Hi Sir. Thank you for your reply. When i use Epson Software Updater, it doesnt give firmware update option, it just gives other software updates (Epson Connect), but by Essential Product Updates there is no option or any thing listed.
Thank you

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please then run the status report of the freeware 'WicReset' utility, it should list recent error conditions with an error code and a brief description, I hope this can get us any further.

mastho

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L6570
Please then run the status report of the freeware 'WicReset' utility, it should list recent error conditions with an error code and a brief description, I hope this can get us any further.
Alright. I will try that and come back to you. Thank you

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Did some digging and it seems the L6570 manual does mention that there should be firmware available but I'd done a lot of digging around and can't, for the life of me, find any Epson site that has it. One site claims to offer it but it's actually just a bait site with a firmware version that's related to a different printer and a red herring.

What might be worth doing is try running the printer status monitor on your computer and see if that provides you with a link to an Epson site.

My gut is telling me that Epson haven't released a firmware update for that model yet and I also checked WICReset for functionality for your printer and they don't have it yet either. So, on balance it seems the best option is to contact Epson support directly especially if the printer is still under warranty.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
WicReset seems to provide limited support only to the L6570 - no waste ink counter reset since it uses a replaceable waste bin, and no firmware downgrade or chipless mod, but the status report still should work reading out some status data. Since the Epson software updater does not report any pending firmware update there is most likely none.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do you get an error code together with the error display which you reported above ?

The user manual

https://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6348/epson634839eu.pdf

starting at page 219 is listing a range of possible errors - does your error matches any from that list ?

Is the printer otherwise functional ? How is it connected - WiFi - USB ?

mastho

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L6570
Did some digging and it seems the L6570 manual does mention that there should be firmware available but I'd done a lot of digging around and can't, for the life of me, find any Epson site that has it. One site claims to offer it but it's actually just a bait site with a firmware version that's related to a different printer and a red herring.

What might be worth doing is try running the printer status monitor on your computer and see if that provides you with a link to an Epson site.

My gut is telling me that Epson haven't released a firmware update for that model yet and I also checked WICReset for functionality for your printer and they don't have it yet either. So, on balance it seems the best option is to contact Epson support directly especially if the printer is still under warranty.
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. Yeah i will contact Epsondirectly tomorrow. As i cant get any support online. Thanks

mastho

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON L6570