Epson L1800 Wets paper

Aguilight

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Hello everyone, recently I bought a printer for my office and its an Epson L1800, and its been a hit a miss experience since it's my first larger format printer so far.

What has me scratching my head is the resulting print quality, which always results in prints that come out "wet" and deform noticeable the paper. Making waves of the surface. I tried to search for an answer in this forum before posting and so far I've tried a couple of papers like Moab Lassal, Epson Presentation paper, Canon Photo Luster, and some photo paper brand name koala that I found on amazon and all of these papers share the same result.

I also been trying to change with the settings, from normal to best quality, adjusting the pigment saturation, also choose the slower print option, but can't confirm any noticeable difference.

Do you have any idea of how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance
Rob

MrBird

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
DJ500 SP4000 XP630 2270DW
Are you correctly setting the media type for the type loaded?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which driver settings - quality - color options are you using ? Do you have the icm option active ?
'Wet' prints - do you have ink puddles on the paper ?
The effect you are describing is coming from the solvent - with some papers the solvent is ingressing the paper
base and the paper slighlty expands depending on the amount of ink. The effect should be less on thicker papers or
papers with a PE film barrier between the coating and the paper base, such papers have such PE film as well on the back side, and you cannot print on it or write on it.