Epson Ecotank inks usable in Canon iP7250?

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Hello members of this nice forum, as I wrote already in the titel of this thread should this be a possibility ?
I have read the thread of fading of some dye inks which gave as result that these Ecoinks are almost as good as Epsons Claria inks.
I tried different refill dye inks but all suffer of fading, colourcast and/or a great difference in saturation compared tot the original Canon ink.
Thanks in advance.
Kees.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Not a good idea. Canon print heads expect inks with the correct viscosity and these Epson inks are likely to not be what a thermal canon head expects.
Would likely cause permanent damage!

Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It won't work this way, Canon inks would print in Epson printes, but not the other way around, I tried it long time ago.
Typical budget 3rd party inks all suffer from limited light fastnesss, a long thread with tests etc was dealing with this issue - with Epson inks
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/which-pigment-ink-for-epson-1500w.9323/page-23#post-94204

The choices for Canon refill inks are very limited, martin0reg is currently running a test with a Fotonic XG Lyson ink here
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/refilling-canon-with-oem-ink.10712/page-5#post-93826

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Yes, sadly there seems to be no such ink for canon dye like fuji DL (and a few others) for epson dye.
Fotonic XG is the most stable in my tests, but it is not the best in color matching... and it's more expensive than the others.

But there may be no-name compatible cartridges for less than 2€ with astonishing good light fastness, according to this test by Peter BJ:
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/photo-paper-at-aldi-dk.10719/page-3
Problem is where to get these specific carts with this specific ink, because there is no information about the manufacturer.

Beside these I remember that compatible carts from "Peach" had some good test results, here is a test from 2013:
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3338&seite=9&t=die_lichtbestaendigkeit

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Thanks Joe, Martin and Ink Stained Fingers,
I understand your comments so I think that it should have been better buying an Epson instead of the IP 7250.
Bought this Canon and gave away my MG5550 tot my granddoughters for schoolwerk.
Therefore I still had some carts and ink which was the reason tot stay with Canon iP7250.
Another idea:
Will the Epson Ecoink work in other Epsons than only the Ecomodels or blocked Epson this?
Maybe this could be a possibility but than again I have to buy a new printer and refillcarts!
Thanks again very much, wish you all happy printing.
Kees.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may use the Epson bottled ink other Epson printers with suitable refill carts, but I wouldn't see too much benefit with that approach. The benefit of the Ecotank Epson printers is the convenience with refilling, much less handling, less ink wasted with otherwise regular cleaning cycles after every cartridge change/refill, the more you print the more you'll recognize this. You may as well use other 3rd party refill ink with these Ecotank models. Regrettably the model choice with their features is pretty much limited by Epson, Epson is offering some ET... Ecotank models in Western Europe, and a few more in the eastern countries which you can get only via gray imports by companies shipping from Czechia or Poland. The first generation was a range of L... models with an ITS - integrated tank system, and the ET.... models are the 2nd generation with some changes to the attached ink tanks.

CapoKees

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Well that is right but putting the Ecoinks in eg a XP 332 save you at least € 200.