Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Printing Very Dark

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The L310 is gone from the market in Central Europe since quite a while, I was using several units, it did not support 4 inks - with the 664 dye black - with glossy paper setting. I used several other printers with this same printhead - 180 nozzle black and 3x59 for CMY - like the L382 or L385, they did not support it either; but it's overall not a big problem anyway , you always can print with CMYK with the matte paper setting, and if you use a dye black it works very well with glossy papers, and there is another benefit that the gamut gets wider in the darker luminance ranges with the matte paper setting than with the glossy paper selection.

ClarenceL

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G570, EPSON L800/L3150
The L310 is gone from the market in Central Europe since quite a while, I was using several units, it did not support 4 inks - with the 664 dye black - with glossy paper setting. I used several other printers with this same printhead - 180 nozzle black and 3x59 for CMY - like the L382 or L385, they did not support it either; but it's overall not a big problem anyway , you always can print with CMYK with the matte paper setting, and if you use a dye black it works very well with glossy papers, and there is another benefit that the gamut gets wider in the darker luminance ranges with the matte paper setting than with the glossy paper selection.
Yes, the only drawback is matte paper resolution not as high as glossy.
Standard=> 720x720dpi
High => 1440x720dpi
Quality => 5760x1440dpi (matte no this option)

But we can use L365 driver instead for L385. It can bypass the limit.
The trick at least works on currently available 4 dye inks models.
I did this on my L3150 for glossy paper profiling, but seems like might no much difference on gamut compare with matte paper setting.