Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Printing Very Dark

kresslein

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson EcoTank ET-2720
I just got an Epson EcoTank ET-2720 and when I print photos on 4x6 Glossy paper, they come out VERY dark. Not just a little dark. I'm on a mac running 10.13.6 and the latest version of Photoshop. Are there profiles I need to load? Specific color settings to manage?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, Ender-2, KP3
Specific color settings to manage?
Mac monitors are brilliantly clear and bright and that’s what your problem is, you need to calibrate your monitor and tone down the brightness..

kresslein

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson EcoTank ET-2720
That's not it at all. I've had many inkjets over the years and none of them ever printing anything dark like this one.

allafter

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 2720
That's not it at all. I've had many inkjets over the years and none of them ever printing anything dark like this one.
Same issues. A decent test for printer color management is download a know color target image ( X-Rite, Fuji etc.) and print without making any changes to that file, let the printer manage the color. These targets are "balanced" to produce good prints if the printer's management is decent. I have not found a solution for the disappointing color from the ET 2720. Your assessment I believe is correct, this printer is just not pretty. I own it to make plain paper prints of documents and it does the job at an acceptable cost.