Epson Dx6000 Clogged Black

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
using Google I get to wic.reset or 2manuals.com or....several more sources, most of the functions are free - except the actual waste ink counter reset and a firmware downgrade if available.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers got the wic. reset after a couple of cleaning cycles I got a good nozzle check but when I printed a picture the black was not consistent. I replaced the refill cartridge with a 3rd party cartridge and it worked well. I think the black refill cartridge is faulty.
Now for some more bad news my DX 6000 stopped working and saying it was needing serviced I found a piece of software that reset it to 90% so it is working again but I don't know if the printer is on the way out or if it's Epson way of making money.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
so you got some more and new data with these tests
- are the other colors o.k. with the refill cartriges - nozzle check and the image print you mention ?
- you are getting good blacks with the 3rd party ink catridge - in the nozzle check and the image print ?
This would mean that there is no persistent clog in the black channel but some problem with the ink
flow from the refill cartridge.

About every inkjet printer has some foamy, fibrous pad hidden in the case absorbing the waste ink from the cleaning unit, and the printer firmware runs a counter on the number of cleaning cycles - after a cartridge change - automatic - or manually started cleaning cycles - via the driver, and the waste pad is full sooner or later, it may not look completely full but the solvents migrate further than the ink pigments. Is it the first time you got the waste ink reservoir full ? A service manual could show you where it is, and whether it is easy to get there - Epson printers are quite different in this respect. You can reset this counter with WicReset against a charge easily, but that reservoir need to be replaced as well sooner or later so that you can continue with your printing efforts. People with a higher printing volume rather install an external potty, a kind of bottle connected to the tube from the cleaning unit like this http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Solo-Plus-Waste-Kit-&-Reset-Key-Bundle.html