Epson Dx6000 Clogged Black

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Hi
I am new to refilling but I refilled a new set of cartridges for this printer after a few cleaning cycles all the colors were good except the black. I tried printing text to see if this would help and when I went back to the nozzle check it looked better but after more cleaning the black got worse again. Does anyone have any suggestions??
I saw on this forum people using window cleaner to clear blocked print heads could someone please tell me how to do this.
Thanks again

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
Silly question: The vent plug of the cartridge has been removed while it is in the printer.

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Can someone recommend a cleaning product I can try i live in the UK
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It’s probably not a head clog, more like air bubbles, leave to stand and they may clear themselves...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
If I understand it correctly the printer was running o.k. prior to the switch over to the refill cartridges ? And then the problem with the black channel started ? If it's like that it is probably not a clogged/blocked black channel/nozzels but a problem with the ink flow. Refill cartridges need the air inlet open, some types of refill cartridges need some priming upfront before use to get some air out of the ink channel in the cartridge.
You may run the WicReset uitility under Windows, that offers you an 'Ink charge' function which runs longer than a regular cleaning cycle and should get such air away if that's the problem in this case. And do a nozzle check afterwards.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers thanks again for your advice. The cartridge I've got have two plugs the top one is used for filling should I take the bottom one out too when I am filling the cartridge?
I filled it with the bottom plug in then withdrew some ink from the bottom hole to take the air out. I thought that was the way to do it

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
yes, that's one of the possible methods to pull the air out via the ink outlet.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
From the 101 refill class i took myself 2 weeks ago:

To check whether you have a head or cartridge problem, first put an original cartridge in, maybe run another cleaning cycle and a few black pages. When the problem goes away, you have a refill cartridge problem, else a printer head problem.

If your refill cartridge is transparent, you should be able to see if you have a bubble problem because some form of sponge would look not well filled.

Try to find all youtube clips pertaining to your cartridge and watch them.

If your cartridge has two plugs on top and the instruction says to remove just one of them during operations in the printer, just remove both of them after you've inserted the cartridge into the printer and see if this improves things.