Epson Dx6000 Clogged Black

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@te36 thanks for your reply i will try that. I I am starting to lose heart in the refill process I have filled all the cartridges twice and never been able to print a picture yet.
I checked all the YouTube videos but there was not one specific to my cartridge Epson T7011. Some videos were filling from the ink outlet others were filling in the top hole with the breather plug in then drawing the air out the ink outlet that was the method I used. To be honest the other three cartridges looked ok in the nozzle check.
If someone could give me a step by step guide it would be much appreciated .

Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
aren't you using T0711 type cartridges ?
I have filled all the cartridges twice and never been able to print a picture yet.
That's bad, may I recommend in this case that you revert back for a short while to 3rd party cartridges and test with them the nozzles and printouts that they are o.k.
And please if possible take a photo to post it here so that we can see the type of cartridge causing the current problems. And it may be a short term fix as well to run the CMY refill cartridges if they look o.k. but black with a 3rd party cartridge instead.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Isn't this the cartridge you use ?

http://www.inkowl.com/inkjet/refill...rce-pro-t7011-4-t7021-4-t7031-4-europe/P5458/

This one doesn't seem to have sponges in them, so i wouldn't know what the possible reasons could be why ink flow might be hampered.

As said, first figure out if its really the cartridge (check with original cartridge). If the problem vanishes, you'd need to check if there could be any reason for ink not to flow well.

Where did you buy the refillable cartridges ? Your dealer might be a good place to ask. Unless theres someone here using the same cartridges already.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers sorry yes that is the cartridge am using. I installed the 3rd party cartridges again after I could not print with the refills and they worked fine.
I also have a refill kit for my canon ip8750 that I have not used yet but going by my Epson experience it I all starting to look like an expensive mistake
Thanks again for all your help

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@te36 I tried the 3rd party cartridges after I had trouble and the printer worked fine.
These are the cartridges am using.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221289726310
When I take the ink out of the ink outlet it is flowing through with no bubbles.
Could it be a faulty cartridge?

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Did these come with any instructions ?

Remove all the print on pages on the cartridges and compare the black with the coloured ones (whcih seem to work for you if i understand it right) and check if you can see a difference.

The video on the URL i included in my last post had a step of evacuating the cartridge from air after the refill. That sounded to me like there is some interestingly complex ink/air flow system in the cartridge which if i where you, i'd try to understand.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@te36 they did not come with any instructions I have emailed Martin at octoinkjet to see if he can tell me which video is relevent to the cartridges it was him who recommended them as he didn't have any in stock.
Thanks again

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
yes, it could be this, or that , or something else, remote diagnostics is difficult, so we would need to exclude some of those potential reasons by a test. If the ink is flowing then please run the 'ink charge' function of the WicReset utility and a nozzle check afterwards and post the nozzle check here.