Epson Artisan 1430 Page Yield?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't know which type of paper you are planning to use for your printing activity, normal paper, uncoated for inkjet use, does not give very good color saturation and not a good black level either. Inkjet type papers are available in a wide range of properties from thin to thick, from matte to glossy, some as well for double sided print.
When you look for inks you can get the genuine L1800 Epson inks in 70ml bottles, some 3rd party ink suppliers are directly offering L800/1800 substitute inks, and you always can look for inks suitable for the other Epson 6 color photo printers like the R265/285, P50, 1400/1500W.
In case you need an exact color reproduction like matching Pantone colors you would need to get the printer with the ink for that particular paper in use profiled - an icm-profile needs to be generated, some of the ink suppliers offer such service as well like Marrutt and others.

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
That's brilliant. Thanks for the information.

I'd be aiming for a matte paper. I wouldn't be doing any double sided printing.

Can I go for generic 6 colour dye inks, too, that dont specify a particular printer brand?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Can I go for generic 6 colour dye inks, too, that dont specify a particular printer brand?
- Why would you - do you have other printers you want to use such inks with ? No - as much a universal tire for all cars would not make sense don't go for universal inks - go for an inkset suited for Epson printers - there are plenty on the market