Epson Artisan 1430 Page Yield?

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Hi there!

I gather a few of you have an Epson Artisan 1430, either with or without a CISS.

I would like to know how many full A4 colour pages you could print before you'd need to refill the tanks?

How much do you spend for how many prints?

I'd like to buy one, but need to weigh up the costs.

Many thanks.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
every ink will run low independently of the other inks - so it could be that you refill cyan, and need to refill magenta 5 pages later, so there is no garantuee that you always can print x number of prints in one go. You can assume that you need lesss than 1 ml of ink total for a borderless high quality A4 print, and that depends as well very much on the ink coverage - light and dark areas etc.
Pricing for refill inks depends very much - from a few $ per litre from China via Aliexpress to 200$ for very light stable Fujilfilm dye inks - it alls depends on you - what your expectations and requirements are , and your actual usage , or you buy from domestic reputable refill ink sellers in any smaller or bigger volume.

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Thanks for your speedy reply.

I'd be opting for the cheap dye ink $ per litre, and wanting to do about 40 full A4 pages per-day of relatively solid block colour at a medium darkness.

I wonder roughly how many prints I'd get out of that.

Ideally I'd be selling A4 prints at about £4.50 for a pack of 10. Would my running costs be too high for that?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you can print thousends of sheets with such printer model, but as you consider some ongoing print volume you might as well have a look to a printer model like the L800 , a A4 photo printer with a CISS built in by Epson with a much greater handling convenience than with a retrofit CISS , please see this other thread http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-l800-experience.10643/page-2#post-89360
I cannot make business calculations for you, I don't know whether that's for a business, which type of paper you are planning to use , whether you want to inlude your handling/printing time into the cost calculation amongst other things like allocated storage, space, power etc for this printing operation.

If you sell your prints, and you are aware that your customers may expose those to light for some time you should know that cheap dye inks do not offer any reasonable level of light fastness , if that's necessary you need to look for higher grade/higher priced inks, the colors will otherwise fade within days or weeks.

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
It would be slightly larger than A4, so I was looking at an A3 printer.

I was looking at the Epson EcoTank ET-14000 based on your recommendation of a CIS that's already built in.

I doubt the print quality would be as good, using only 4 colours though, right?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
and wanting to do about 40 full A4 pages per-day of relatively solid block colour at a medium darkness.

?? A4 or bigger - that makes a difference indeed -

rel. solid block color at medium darkness - what type of quality do you expect in this case?

There is an A3 version of the L800 model - the L1800 with 6 colors as a photo printer - but availability in some areas may be an issue.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have only Canon printers, but photos come out extremely well when I use both CMY and CMYK printers, they are more than acceptable to view when been held in the hand, ok they’ll never match up to my ten colour printers but they are very acceptable for what you pay for.

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
The L1800 looks perfect for my needs.

It would use a3 sheets but the print area used is just over a4.

So if I'm printing solid colour with this machine and $ per litre dye inks at a medium density of ink, various colours used, 40 pages a day, selling 10 prints at about £4.50, as a side job... Do you think it could be cost effective?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you don’t care about your customers reactions, then it’s perfectly feasible, but your prints will fade like crazy.. :fl

Calvin82

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
I see where you're going on the fade issue.

Basically, it's not a photo print business.

The type of prints I'll be doing aren't the kind that will be hung on walls, or framed, or exposed to much light even.

I won't be going for the cheapest of cheap inks. After some testing of the L1800 (which I have this place to thank for suggesting), I'll cost the inks to strike an even balance between quality, durability and profit.