Epson 1500w Refillable Cartridges, etc.

carlosantoniolopez

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 8550, Dell C1765nfw
Looking for some advice, please…

I am finally getting to the point where I need to order more ink for my 1500w. Having read through the posts here – many thanks to all for them – it seems to me that, taking into account price, relative stability and ease of use, the best inks for my purposes are Precision Colors EV6. (Though it’s a pity there isn’t a UK supplier for them. Or is there?)

My main query is about the cartridges, as I’ve no experience of using refillable. They all come with auto-reset chips, but can they be taken out and reset at any time, or only when they are reporting empty? I want to avoid the domino effect where when a cartridge is replaced, they all go through a cleaning cycle, making another empty, and so on… ideally, I’d like to take them all out, top them all up, and put them back in one go. Can that be done?

I’m asking because, so far, I’ve used nearly twice as much light magenta and light cyan than the other colours, for some reason. Or would I need a chip resetter?

I was thinking about getting the refillable cartridges from Aliexpress, where they are very inexpensive. (I notice that a couple of sellers also have chip resetters, and one would hope that their resetters would work with their cartridges!)

As I’ve never used Aliexpress, has anyone bought cartridges from there? If so, were they satisfactory?

Grateful for any help!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I got so far everything correctly shipped what I ordered via Aliexpress, but the shipment may take a while depending on the shipping options - up to 6 weeks - probably by boat.
You recognized correctly that those ARC chips only reset when they report low ink, otherwise you would need a resetter. If you plan to do that get both the cartridges and the resetter from the same seller and ask them beforehand to confirm that the resetter is suitable for the cartridges on order.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

carlosantoniolopez

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 8550, Dell C1765nfw
Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to reply. Now I have confidence ordering from Aliexpress, and hopefully one of the suppliers will confirm that their resetter works with their carts. I am prepared for a long wait!

As regards the ink, I was rather hoping that @websnail would be along to say if his ink is Precision Colors EV6 ;), though I appreciate he's probably enjoying a well-deserved Christmas break :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
As regards the ink, I was rather hoping that @websnail would be along to say if his ink is Precision Colors EV6 ;), though I appreciate he's probably enjoying a well-deserved Christmas break :)
@websnail doesn’t do Percisioncolors EV6, that another supplier, i.e. Percisioncolors.com
Most of the suppliers are off till 2nd January...