Epson 1390/1400 Printing Blank Pages

SilentCreation

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400
Hello everyone !
I am hoping I could get some advice on my Epson 1400 printer. Forgive me if this is a long post but wanted to ensure I gave as much detail as possible.

It has been printing perfectly for well over a year. A few days ago I printed some images and foolishly left the printer switched on overnight.

The following day I attempted to print some more media but no ink was printing onto the paper. I have run several head cleans as well as purged ink through the print head to clear any blockages.

I can visibly see ink being sucked through the Ink cap when a head cleaning is performed.

After various cleaning attempts I managed to enable the black and yellow ink to flow properly, the cyan, and magenta would print but very lightly and would have horizontal lines through the print. However after a few more media prints it has now gone back again to printing blank pages.

Would a faulty print head be causing this ? I also read somewhere that the ribbon cables connected to the head can be the cause.

I've noticed some people mention that blown f1 f2 or f6 fuses could cause blank pages but I was unable to locate these and as it was at one point printing colour albeit not very well my main concern is that it's the head/cable

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
the fuse f1 f2 etc is located at the printer circuit board. Generally, what happened is the printhead burnout and cause the fuse on the circuit board to break. As the circuit board fuse break, it causes the printhead to print blank pages even if you eventually replace with a new printhead.

Never use a faulty epson printhead on a replacement or new circuit board, because it will burn the fuse again on the new circuit board.

A lot of people may have successful in pushing liquid into the printhead one time or another, but it take a bad luck to turn the situation to a disaster. There is a high risk when attempting to push liquid into the printhead intake, the liquid may get into the internal side and cause a burn to the printhead when the printer is later turned on. When one decide to push liquid into the printhead intake, that should be a last draw and one must do it slowly and gently.

The printer circuit board could still be salvage if you know how to repair the fuse. But you will need to get a new printhead.

Last edited:

SilentCreation

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1400
Thank you for your advice, I have ordered a new printer head that should be here in a few days or so. Would you recommend also changing the main board at the same time ?

I did inspect the circuit board but was unable to locate any f1 or f2 fuses. I'm worried that plugging in a new head to a possibly fault board will damage the new head

Many thanks

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Because the faulty printhead likely to have burned the circuit board fuse, you will still print blank pages even if you install new printhead. So you need to either get a new circult board as well unless you know how to repair the circuit board fuse.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
As I don't own Epson 1390, you can also google the term "epson 1390 fuse" for image. There are some picture showing where the fuse located. Then use a magnifying glass to search for the f1 f2 or etc and use an ohm meter to check the board fuse.