epsom stylus pro 3800 print problem

albert shakes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson stylus pro 3800
Hi all i am new here and i need help with my epsom stylus pro 3800 printer i am running windows 8.1 64 bit now on epson webite they say you can use the win 7 drivers with windows 8 which i downloaded and installed now that work fine and printer is installed , but i cannot get the printer to print, every time i send a job to the printer i get an error message saying cannot print to epson pro 3800 what am i doing wrong please help if u can thanks any questions i will be glad to answer.

albert shakes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson stylus pro 3800
Hi i have that driver installed but it is still giving me the error message, error printing to epson 3800 never had this before with any other of my epson printers is there a special way to link to this printer like changing ports and do you know what port i should be on i have tried installing and reinstalling the drivers but same problem windows 8.1 just not seeing the printer and it is not the drive,r i can see the printer in device and printers so the printer is installed but i just cant send any work to it.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Did your spooler service get turned off?
Can you not even send a test print from the driver properties?

albert shakes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson stylus pro 3800
Did your spooler service get turned off?
Can you not even send a test print from the driver properties?
No not even a test print and how do i know if the spooler service is turned off where do i look

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try un-installing everything including the printer and start again, but this time plug in the USB cable on your printer first and then install the driver when asked too..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
No not even a test print and how do i know if the spooler service is turned off where do i look
It's one lf the "Services" listed under "Control Pane; - Administrative tools - Services - Print Spooler!
Click on it and it should say Started and Automatic
If not, right click on it and start the service.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You could try un-installing everything including the printer and start again, but this time plug in the USB cable on your printer first and then install the driver when asked too..
Correct!
You should install the driver and then it will ask you to plug in the USB to the PC and the driver installation should then complete. If not done that way it will / may not install properly.

Also try another USB port during this fresh install.

Joe