Ecotank ET-3760 Pigment Ink

hankboy867

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-3760
I realize that the 502 black ink for my ET-3760 ecotank is pigment based but the colors are dye based.
Has anyone added pigment based color ink to their eco tanks with success?
I really need to use pigment based ink for car decals that I produce but would love to avoid purchasing a new printer just to use pigment based colors.
Thanks so much for any info you have!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There are T542 pigmented inks for the ET-5150 and similar office oriented printers which may be a choice for an ink. I have swapped from dye to pigment in several cases, changing from dye to pigment was with almost no problem, but switching back to dye in an Ecotankprinter can cause problems - it takes a long time until all pigment residues are purged away, and be aware that such ink change is fully at your risk - e.g. loss of warranty.
I don't know what your overall ink consumption is for these decal jobs, but you may consider an alternative - get a cartridge based printer with pigment inks and do refill - e.g. with a WF2010W as a low end model .

hankboy867

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-3760
There are T542 pigmented inks for the ET-5150 and similar office oriented printers which may be a choice for an ink. I have swapped from dye to pigment in several cases, changing from dye to pigment was with almost no problem, but switching back to dye in an Ecotankprinter can cause problems - it takes a long time until all pigment residues are purged away, and be aware that such ink change is fully at your risk - e.g. loss of warranty.
I don't know what your overall ink consumption is for these decal jobs, but you may consider an alternative - get a cartridge based printer with pigment inks and do refill - e.g. with a WF2010W as a low end model .
Thank you so much for your reply! I think it may be better for me to the your suggestion and get a printer for pigment use only. :)