EcoTank and Canvas

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
Hello all, and thank you for all the information you’ve shared and I’ve learned from lurking around this site!

I’d really like to do some canvas prints but using an ecotank. These will mostly be for home use, maybe some gifts. Nothing crazy high end or expensive. Self-mounting.

I would ideally prefer 13x19, but I could live with 11x17, just you lose a few inches mounting as well.

Everything I’ve learned tells me pigment is the way to go,which limits me to something like the ET-16650. Can this even do canvas successfully? I know it’s office focused, would the quality be sufficient?

The ET-7750 is dye plus 1 pigment black, so I’m wondering if anyone has tried.

Seems like really the only choices are the ET-7750 or the ET-16650, before even hitting the canvas criteria.
I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may look as well for the L1800 as a dye printer if it is available in your country or if there is some company shipping to you

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
You may look as well for the L1800 as a dye printer if it is available in your country or if there is some company shipping to you
Thank you!

I’m in the US, doesn’t seem to be a model that’s here.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Some people got over to Mexico to get that model, or there may be a person/company importing it as a gray model - I saw some offer like that on Amazon some time ago. But the first question is whether it would be a feasible model for you at all.

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
Some people got over to Mexico to get that model, or there may be a person/company importing it as a gray model - I saw some offer like that on Amazon some time ago. But the first question is whether it would be a feasible model for you at all.
Excuse my ignorance of that model but... why would one want to go through the trouble of that? Is there something special it does no US model ecotank will? Thank you!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson does not sell all of their printer models in all of their business regions, there are printers you can buy in Malaysia or Poland or Mexico which you cannot buy in Germany or U.S. like some of the L series tank system printers. The L1800 would be an A3+ printer with 6 inks - incl. light inks like an Artisan 1430 with attached ink tanks.

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
I see, and the L1800 would be "worth the trouble" to obtain and maintain to print canvas 13x19 in the US (your opinion)?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I guess what I'm really trying to ask is, based on all your experience, if I were to choose that paper, would you think I'd have better luck with a ET-7750 or an ET-16650 or.... etc.
I can’t for the life of me see why you’d need an Eco tank printer, unless your planning on printing everything you take a photo of then I can understand, but for low volume printing they are a complete over kill,

Any A3 printer dye or pigment is capable of printing on Canvas, it’s not that special of a surface to print upon, I’ve used 4 dye inks as well as multi- pigment ink on Canvas and there’s not that much difference in the two, it just all depends on how well you set your print up.

Here is the Canvas I use for to print up to 320 x 590 mm and the canvas is as easy to handle and print as any other paper, It only cost a few Euros in my local Lidl store, please try not to over think your task in hand, a Pro 10 or Pro 100 with would make for a better option..

Canvas.jpg Size 450 x 610 mm... click to enlarge
Just my two cent worth..;)