Does Firmware make a difference ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Not many of us home users have the luxury of more than one identical machine for comparisons.
Here hang on a second Roy, surly you can pick up a half dozen of these Pro 100’s going cheap in your area, then you could join us in the elite hoarders club, come on in its blissful.. :love:weee

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here hang on a second Roy, surly you can pick up a half dozen of these Pro 100’s going cheap in your area, then you could join us in the elite hoarders club, come on in its blissful.. :love:weee
I think it judicious restraint to only have 6 Pro 100's at the rebated prices. A few more and I can complete the fort I started building with the boxes. :D

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
If we only had some tools leaked from canon to linearize the printers ourselves with ink that we use, it would day and night difference than using paper presets and selecting the one that works OK.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
I think it judicious restraint to only have 6 Pro 100's at the rebated prices. A few more and I can complete the fort I started building with the boxes. :D
OMG!! thx, at least now i know i'm normal.................use to be that 2 of everything was fine for me, but this home away from home has got me buying stuff i never ever even considered in the past...........downloading latest updates, buying empty CLI-8 carts for good prices just so i can sharpen my flushing skills:plbb, looking for new computer:caf, playing with and restoring printheads because i'm mechanically inclined :he, and now will have to fire up another printer with different firmware just to see the same thing Brian talks about:plbb, is becoming a real sickness:sick but quite enjoyable.
i thought buying 6 Pro-100's and 14 heads along with the 10sets of OEM inks that have accumulated (2 compliments of Canon) and all the other stuff from PC Inks was taking me into the outer limits, but i see this is all normal and consistent with all the other Guru's here:hide...............it's a brighter day already:ya

-mike

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
... just to see the same thing Brian talks about:plbb, is becoming a real sickness:sick but quite enjoyable.
i thought buying 6 Pro-100's and 14 heads along with the 10sets of OEM inks that have accumulated (2 compliments of Canon) and all the other stuff from PC Inks was taking me into the outer limits, but i see this is all normal and consistent with all the other Guru's here:hide...............it's a brighter day already:ya

-mike
Yes, the outer limits where you control the horizontal and the vertical, where you can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – the Pro 100! (hat tip The Outer Limits)

:D

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
Yes, the outer limits where you control the horizontal and the vertical, where you can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – the Pro 100! (hat tip The Outer Limits)

:D
Thing is, i now take the using and maintenance of printers much more seriously than i use to.
Sure we can just plug and play all these consumer units, but knowing how to get the most from them is a lot of fun. Members like you that take the time to explain the fundamentals is priceless.

-mike

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@mikem65d:

Thank you.

Printers are fun! They are also the single biggest invention that changed the world forever, making the storage and availability of accumulated knowledge possible (learning) and from which future knowledge could evolve (advancement). I also wonder if free societies would have evolved, at least in the time frame they did, without the printed word.