DISSAPOINTED IN MY MP500 and ETBASS !!

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
kabster,... I would like to add my suggestion. You should contact Canon even if your printer is out of warranty. They may do something about the problem.

I think the problem is a defective purge unit and it is the Black suction tube that has either come off, or is mostly blocked. This kind of problem gradually leads to a really clogged and dried up set of black nozzles. So when you put in a new printhead the purge unit can't successfully "Prime" the printhead with black in. So the nozzle check on prints until it runs out of ink. There was probably nothing wrong with the original head, the purge unit was just so clogged that it could not suck ink. One symptom of this is that after all kinds of head cleanings, deep cleanings, the black ink level in the ink cart would never go down. If you can't prime the head, which means you need to suck ink all the way down to each and every nozzle, plus the tiny "Tub" that sit next to the nozzles, there is no way it will print.

This same problem has caused such a back lash at Epson CX4600 they have replace just about everyone that went bad. The design was so flawed that Epson did not argue much about it. When a black ink cart would go mostly empty and someone tried to clean the head, the purge unit in the Epson was so strong that the connection of the suction tube would be blown off. Once the tube is off, the customer would continue to run cleaning cycles to get it to print. This kept going on till the Epson ink count said the ink cart was empty,... so guess what, the customer would put in another new ink cart, and start the cleaning all over again,....and guess what, pretty soon it would tell them the ink cart is empty again. The problem was that no ink ever got out of any ink cart,...they were still full. Only the counter said the ink cart was empty. I had one to repair and called Epson about it. They shipped me a new printer in two weeks. The printer was 2 years out of warranty.

kabster

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
mikling said:
Keep in mind, that HP makes different levels of products, some of their higher end stuff is good, but always remember you get what you pay for. Pay little and expect much will get you disappointed most of the time but not all the time.
milkling,

The first generation HP AIO printers were wot u call not very cheap at all. Wich is why i have spend just that much of an fortune because of comments you just made and have heard from poeple at my place !!!

Now, i see the more expensive doesnt mean its neccesarely better. In the food industry its just the same, less is sometimes more and the other way arrround!

@Leo8088 and Trigger37

Thanks for the suggestion to contact canon. But the thing is i already had to return that printer to them only a month after i have purchased that product for sake. Because i had colored banding ALWAYS at the very same place on a full A4 print (cover not borderless). THAT SERVICE took 4 WEEKS , and therefor i dont want to wait that long anymore u see!! Thats why i purchased THAT problematic printhead.

@trigger37

by doing an Deep cleaning or just a cleaning, the LEVEL INK INDEEEED DROPS! Wich let me to believe theres nothing wrong whit what you call the "purge unit" me thinks! And when i checked the printhead its nozzles its indeed black arround the nozzles. THATS WOT PUZZLES ME!!!! >IT uses PGBK to clean and even more WASTE my expensive ink cartridges :mad: but not to print patterns, text or wotever u know!!!??

But perhaps ill discusss this whit canon .... AGAIN!! I just received an direct line phone number from the service center to contact canon. So , i might just do that .

Oh and another thing,

Ive read good thing about the dristesch or something refill method!! Ive saw the movie, and it looks REALY simple to pull this off.

Now my only question woud be, is it wise to drill an whole on top of an cartridge above the sponge area!!??
I have read some threads where some one adressed the issue about using that method whitout the use of an air vent on top "that whole i spoke of"!

thanks anyway guys :(

kabster,

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
mikling said:
Knightcrawler, I used to be in the same space as yourself on this. But then there were times I simply needed to copy something and having to fire up the PC and software to copy didn't seem to be that bad UNTIL I did get a deal on a multifunction and I now see why they make a lot of sense for many people.
I found a MP160 for $19.99 and bought it on a whim. It gets used for those times when a simple copy is needed. The space issue is the main reason all in ones are so popular and I understand that.

kabster

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
KnightCrawler said:
mikling said:
Knightcrawler, I used to be in the same space as yourself on this. But then there were times I simply needed to copy something and having to fire up the PC and software to copy didn't seem to be that bad UNTIL I did get a deal on a multifunction and I now see why they make a lot of sense for many people.
I found a MP160 for $19.99 and bought it on a whim. It gets used for those times when a simple copy is needed. The space issue is the main reason all in ones are so popular and I understand that.
@knightcrawler

Firstly, do u have german roots aswell knightcrawler :p ?

Damn, knightcrawler u get emm very cheap then for only 20 the piece :eek:!! The cheapest i could find is an mp210 at arround 46 ,- euro. And since the euro currency is higher then the dollar, u might add another few digits to 46 to make the sum up in dollars!!

Nah, i have decided to give canon the benefit of doubt and ordered an mp520 :/ !! I hope this one will last longer!!!

kabster,