Did Ink Ruin My printer?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Pushing on the sides will force ink out. That is to be expected.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
Pushing on the sides will force ink out. That is to be expected.
Well I just did a clean everything looks good and normal now I am going to wait about a hour to 2 hours and print out the same picture then to see if the colors are still the same. I figure by a hour to 2 hours ink will have leaked out by then if it is leaking.

If it still leaks I I don't know what I am doing wrong like I said when I stand it up no ink comes out.

could I put over the screw a piece of tape to help it?

NoWaste

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Mikling-

What is the logic behind this concept of "vacuum" from dried ink?

What is a "flush" and why do you need it?

It seems that the one hole left open may be the cause of the "slow" leaking ink and (if I am not wrong) depends on the amount of ink that was filled into the sponge section.

By having the hole you are modifying the cartridge design.

If I am not wrong, leaking at the tank side will cause continuous ink leakage and it will likely empty it or its reduction is obvious.

What is "bad ink flow" and what causes it?

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I don't know anymore.

I have all the carts outside and nothing is dripping(the ink levels look about the same too) and the colors are still a bit off until I do a deep clean.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Chobo2, I believe your problem is from the ink cartridge which is feeding too much ink to the print head. There is a simple experiment you can do. Just take the cartridges out of the printer and take them to the sink of your kitchen. Blow air into the vent at the top of the sponged chamber of each cartridge. Ink will immediately flow out from the large hole at the bottom. Let it drip into the sink. You can collect the ink back to your ink bottle if you want. Try to blow out something like 1 or 2 ml of ink from the sponge. Your printer will work better when your cartridges are partially empty. I found out about this quite some long time ago because of a similar problem.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tin Ho said:
Chobo2, I believe your problem is from the ink cartridge which is feeding too much ink to the print head. There is a simple experiment you can do. Just take the cartridges out of the printer and take them to the sink of your kitchen. Blow air into the vent at the top of the sponged chamber of each cartridge. Ink will immediately flow out from the large hole at the bottom. Let it drip into the sink. You can collect the ink back to your ink bottle if you want. Try to blow out something like 1 or 2 ml of ink from the sponge. Your printer will work better when your cartridges are partially empty. I found out about this quite some long time ago because of a similar problem.
I don't see any vent. Is it covered? Like I just see the 2 holes I made and the label.

I did a nozzle check to print out the pattern and I compared it to yesterdays. Basically you can see the differences.

I going to print out a nozzle check right now one with no deep clean(so that would be about 1 day without going through the process) vs one right after a clean.

Then I will take it too my school tomorrow and scan it in so you all can see.

Like I have done my black cartridge(about 2 days ago) and the black seems to be fine and as far as I can see it has not mixed or done anything with the other colors. I would think it would be just as easy for the black to mix with the other colors if there was a leak. So at least one of them look like its working.

I don't know if I should just cut my loses and take the ink out of the yellow one as best I can and pop in my other yellow cart and hope that when that ones runs out or for that fact any other ones run out that the same thing won't happen again.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have a great deal of cross contamination on the color channels. That is the only possibility. If you print multiple pages eventually the mixed ink will be used up and you will be good.

The black printnozzles are in a separate recess on the head of the i560. If you keep printing, the mixed colors will get used up and run out.

use the 4 color purge files listed here to clean out the colors http://www.inksupply.com/purging.cfm

You will see the gradual change in the contaminated colors as the print progresses.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
It looks like you have a great deal of cross contamination on the color channels. That is the only possibility. If you print multiple pages eventually the mixed ink will be used up and you will be good.

The black printnozzles are in a separate recess on the head of the i560. If you keep printing, the mixed colors will get used up and run out.

use the 4 color purge files listed here to clean out the colors http://www.inksupply.com/purging.cfm

You will see the gradual change in the contaminated colors as the print progresses.
I am kinda confused. Like first this is the for Epson but I guess your refering to the first method where you keep printing out that image 5 times.

I don't see how this will fix my problem though since maybe/probably misunderstand how the cleaning thing works. I thought this gets rid of all the ink so I assumed what I have is some sort of continues leak.

Ok I finished printing out 5 of those 4 colored test ones. Before that I did 2 cleanings.

So now I guess wait and see what happens.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok

I printed the pages again today and Unfortunately the same problem. Like I will try to remember and bring yesterdays purge print along with the one I just did now since the color that is getting messed up is Magenta. It really looks messed up.

Black,Yellow and Cyan are all fine..... It just Magenta that color has change drastically.

So I really don't know I think your right it has to be cross contamination but I don't know how to stop this problem since I don't know why it happening.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I guess everyone has given up on trying to help me.

I don't know what to do. I left the ink all night out on a piece of paper not one drop came out.

I printed out magenta before I re put yellow back in and it came out as one solid color. I inserted yellow and a color hours later lines are already forming in magenta.

So I really have no clue what is going on I can't see any reason why it is not working.

Unless anyone else has some sort of solution its time to cut my loseses and put in a real cart in and hope everything gets back to normal.

When the next cartridge becomes empty I will try it again and hope that it works.

I however am not usre if I will just fill up the tank part or if I will try the way the instructions again.

Like black seems ok(I hope) and I did it the same way. The only thing I noticed is when I left it out on the paper for the night when I lifted it up the spot where the spout was a bit damp(no ink seemed to have come up) it was just damp.