Did Ink Ruin My printer?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
My bad, I just mixed some yellow and magenta and it does give an orange to brown so it is still the yellow leaking.

You said you stood it up overnight and nothing came out? There is still a leak. You might have nicked the edge of the hole opening

Take some of the blue rubber stuff. Back off the screw two turns. Stuff it in below the screws and retighten the screw. You want to seal it AIRTIGHT. If all else fails. Seal it with a hot melt glue gun from the dollar store or a dab of silicone to prove the problem is an airleak.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
My bad, I just mixed some yellow and magenta and it does give an orange to brown so it is still the yellow leaking.

You said you stood it up overnight and nothing came out? There is still a leak. You might have nicked the edge of the hole opening

Take some of the blue rubber stuff. Back off the screw two turns. Stuff it in below the screws and retighten the screw. You want to seal it AIRTIGHT. If all else fails. Seal it with a hot melt glue gun from the dollar store or a dab of silicone to prove the problem is an airleak.
Would tape be a good way to seal the hole? Or would that not give an air tight Seal?

I don't like these screws very much though I wish they have given me those rubber stopper since it seems like it is so easy to ruin the hole with a screw(if that is the problem).

Yes I stood it over night and nothing came out.

I actually don't understand why I had to make that whole anyways to tell you the truth like it seems if you make the other 2 holes you can insert the ink that way so I don't see why you needed that hole in the tank anyways.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Tape is not reliable to fill every nook and cranny. Try tightening the screw 1/8 turn more. Just a bit.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok

So this is where I am at. I took the screw off. I took out my glue gun and put a big blob of glue over the hole. There is no way the air can escape now.

I did a cleaning cycle and printed out a purge page and all looks good...... now we wait.

So now there is one small hole that is open, one hole closed by tape and the tank area is filled with glue.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok

So I just printed out a new sheet and same thing not the right color. Magenta is still screwed up it has a different color mix now it stasts off with light brown and as it goes along you start seeing some magenta till about the last quarter where you see a brown outline then a section of magenta and so on.

If you want to see a scan I can only get it by Thursday.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well

I don't know what to do anymore.... Anyone have any ideas.

Basically if no one can Responds with a new idea by Friday I am throwing out the cartridge....... When the other inks run out I am going to try the other colors...... If they fail too I guess its back to buying full price canon cartridges. :(

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So I guess no one has any ideas anymore.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So if no one can help me by the end of today..... I will be getting rid of that cartridge.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The last idea I have is that the top cover from the cartridge itself has a leak. It is possible but unlikely.

chobo2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
The last idea I have is that the top cover from the cartridge itself has a leak. It is possible but unlikely.
What do mean top cover? you mean where I put the other 2 holes in?