Costco Kirkland Paper No Longer In Stores

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Regarding the selling of prints.

Get this. A professional photographer gave me a call the other day and told me that the Costco in his area was selling prints and that they were inkjet based. ( http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/news.47.html) This, we know because for environmental reasons, this is the only way of the future. Now what the techs were telling him is that the high gloss prints were pigment based. Oh boy is he in for a surprise. High gloss, fast turnover, instant handling and packaging and it is pigment based! Well so much for believing Costco photo techs.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Costco in Honolulu is using an large Epson printer to print up to 20x30 poster prints. I believe that it is a pigment inkjet - I had a pano printed there. I will try to get the model # next time I'm there.

brian.stone@mail.com

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Regarding Mexican and USA manufactured versions of the Costco glossy photo paper.

I recently purchased another package and it was of Mexico origin, had been using USA manufacture. I decided to try printing the same high quality print on one sheet from each package. There is Not any discernable difference. As far as I can tell they could have come out of the same package.

I really wish Costco would offer the paper in 11 x 14 and 13 x 19 then I would be set forever.:)

Working with Photoshop CS4 and CS5 beta on a Mac Pro with an Epson 1900 printer.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
mikling said:
4x6 not poster sized.
Oh, I'm corrected. Will this mean that larger size enlargements (5x7, 8x12, etc) will eventually follow with dye inks? They currently have a special for 4x6 at 9 cents each.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I was just in my local Costco (King of Prussia, PA) today and they had a sizable stock of both the 8.5X11 and the 4X6 Kirkland paper. All the boxes of the 8.5X11 that I could see were Made in Mexico - didn't see any Made in USA even in a carton or two that were well in the back. Looks like this store is keeping up the stock.

Steve W.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
fish said:
mikling said:
4x6 not poster sized.
Oh, I'm corrected. Will this mean that larger size enlargements (5x7, 8x12, etc) will eventually follow with dye inks? They currently have a special for 4x6 at 9 cents each.
I think it will come, if not already.

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Costco located on Northlake (N. Palm Beach) only had 4x6 and I inquired on the 8.5x11. He said it was to be discontinued but another local store in Royal Palm Beach had 90 cases in stock. I purchased 5 boxes of 150 sheets for 18.00 per box... that's $.12 a sheet all made in Mexico, even the 4x6 which both stores had plenty of stock.

jjbruja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R300, Photo 1400, 730
filmguy said:
Costco located on Northlake (N. Palm Beach) only had 4x6 and I inquired on the 8.5x11. He said it was to be discontinued but another local store in Royal Palm Beach had 90 cases in stock. I purchased 5 boxes of 150 sheets for 18.00 per box... that's $.12 a sheet all made in Mexico, even the 4x6 which both stores had plenty of stock.
I was the guy that purchased the last 8 x 11 /2 box from the Northlake store and only after moving all the 4 x 6 cartons out of the way. I had to go to the Royal Palm Beach store to buy 3 more.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I was at the Costco today in North York, in Toronto. I noticed that they now have both the USA and Mexico stock. Got some Mexico stuff. Upon further inspection it appeared that the USA stock was older as some of the boxes on the ends had shifted in color. At this particular store it looks like they had finally brought the old stock up from the back or the top or something.