Cool trick! How to do nozzle checks as a scheduled task

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The only good and proper nozzle print scheduler that I have seen to date is @crenedecotret one, which can print an OEM nozzle check when required without causing any damage to your print head.

It’s the only one that I would recommend for use with a Canon printer, all of the others I have seen including Qimage do work very well but again only on Epson.

Even the earlier one that was made my MIS (AutoPrint) was not good for the Canon printer and like the other Apps. would print a colour test image of some sort which in my mind may cause further damage if the heads were already stressed.

The only true and sure way is to use the bog standard OEM nozzle check and you won’t go wrong, and if there is a problem with it then investigate that issue first and don’t be tempted to try any other test prints..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
It seems someone asked for just the right thing, in the comments of utility I posted.
I mean a way to load spool files from printer nozzle checks without sharing the printer and LPT ports etc. Would be more easy for those never heard of such ports :) Hope the autor updates his app.

Johnny-5

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo 4102
Good morning ladies and gents,

I hate to dig up an old thread, but this is just what I am looking for. The info has been great, and I have found it extremely helpful. I have one issue that is preventing me from getting this to run successfully for my printers though. I have several DVD printers, as seen here: http://www.primera.com/bravo-4100.html they are Primera Bravo model 4102 systems. The way these are designed, the commands to move the arm (pick a disc, drop a disc, etc) are sent over the USB as print commands as well as the normal print command to print the disc. This design forces the printer properties to print directly to the printer, as opposed to spooling the job.

I have successfully created the .spl file as well as the .bat file, and the nozzle clean works well when I manually change the systems to spool rather than print direct. But when I change the system to print directly, I get "access denied" at the second line of the .bat file. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this idea work for my situation? The print heads clog often (low ink volume on the discs) and are $75 a piece :eek: I have debated just going to grey scale and using only the black cartridge, but would like to avoid doing that.

Thanks in advance!

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Good morning ladies and gents,

I hate to dig up an old thread, but this is just what I am looking for. The info has been great, and I have found it extremely helpful. I have one issue that is preventing me from getting this to run successfully for my printers though. I have several DVD printers, as seen here: http://www.primera.com/bravo-4100.html they are Primera Bravo model 4102 systems. The way these are designed, the commands to move the arm (pick a disc, drop a disc, etc) are sent over the USB as print commands as well as the normal print command to print the disc. This design forces the printer properties to print directly to the printer, as opposed to spooling the job.

I have successfully created the .spl file as well as the .bat file, and the nozzle clean works well when I manually change the systems to spool rather than print direct. But when I change the system to print directly, I get "access denied" at the second line of the .bat file. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this idea work for my situation? The print heads clog often (low ink volume on the discs) and are $75 a piece :eek: I have debated just going to grey scale and using only the black cartridge, but would like to avoid doing that.

Thanks in advance!

Can you try running the batch file as administrator? (right click on the file, select "run as administrator").

Johnny-5

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo 4102
Good idea that I hadn't tried, but no-go. I still get the access denied. I attempted right clicking the batch file and running as administrator, and opening a command prompt as administrator and running it that way. Both did not work. I am thinking that because I don't use a spooler in normal circumstances, I may need to look for other options. Unfortunately I don't see any.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe you could setup a second printer using the raw/generic driver (see here h**p://qzindustries.com/TutorialRawWin). Have it connect to the same port as your Primera Bravo, and share the raw printer instead. Send the spool information gathered from the main printer to the raw printer.

Johnny-5

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo 4102
Maybe, just maybe you could setup a second printer using the raw/generic driver (see here h**p://qzindustries.com/TutorialRawWin). Have it connect to the same port as your Primera Bravo, and share the raw printer instead. Send the spool information gathered from the main printer to the raw printer.
Ha! It worked! Everything seems to be running well under manual running of the batch file and I was able to create the task to run every Monday morning. Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.

modelaratrod

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-7610
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm trying to get this to work on a windows 10 pc with an epson wf-7610
Here are a few of the .bat files I've tried

NET USE LPT3: \\LOCALHOST\WSD-89c7e32a-8085-45ba-8818-4ae00aa40d0f.0035
COPY /B WF7610 Nozzle Check.SPL LPT3
NET USE LPT3: /DELETE

NET USE LPT3: \\LOCALHOST\EP3D848B:WF-7610 SERIES
COPY /B WF7610 Nozzle Check.SPL LPT3
NET USE LPT3: /DELETE