1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: What Old Ink Can Do
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Cool trick! How to do nozzle checks as a scheduled task

Discussion in 'Printing Photos and Photo Software' started by crenedecotret, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Mar 17, 2018
    palombian

palombian Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Pro9500II, MAXIFY MB5350
    In my Windows 10 Scheduler this works (triggered every 2 days with my normal user account)

C: \AUTONOZZLE\AUTONOZZLE.BAT

(remove the space after the C: otherwise you would have read :\)

NET USE LPT3: \\INSPIRON\PRO9500
    COPY PRO9500.SPL LPT3
    NET USE LPT3: /DELETE

PS: I stopped this since I can't find any advantage versus switching the printer on only when needed

The Hat likes this.
  2. Mar 17, 2018
    mmcmusnret

mmcmusnret Getting Fingers Dirty

Sorry I didn't provide more info...I'm running Win8.1. I didn't have to fool with admin rights for the other two batch files/scheduled tasks. They run perfectly and on schedule. Can't figure out why I'm running into issues with the Pro-100. And I tend to agree with your conclusion, @palombian, with one exception...the fat black in my MP780 has been a thorn in my side for years. I used MIS Autoprint but realized after yet another clog that the limitations of that program wouldn't resolve my issue...Autoprint can't accomodate using a .txt file that would exercise the 3ebk black. I was manually printing a Word document periodically but my summers get pretty busy outdoors so I ended up with a clogged printhead again. I now have that situation under control with this batch file. I probably don't need it for the PRO-100...it has never failed me no matter how long it sits idle, sometimes for months.

The Hat likes this.
  3. Mar 17, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @mmcmusnret, If you ever need another hobby, try getting a 3D printer, now there’s something that will keep you interested and busy...High recommended...:D

4. Mar 20, 2018
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    And if you have a partner make sure you have a pre-nuptial agreement in place before buying the 3D printer - you have been warned :lol:
    Either that or you better print some useful stuff for your partner ;)

The Hat likes this.
  5. Nov 29, 2018
    MikeBG

MikeBG Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma PRO-1
    I cannot get this to work on my PRO-1000 printer. The nozzle check seems to get printed without going to the print queue so no files get left in spool\PRINTERS even if printing is paused.

Any ideas to get this working?