Controlled reset with ARCs

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have found a resetter that can reset ARC for Epson chips with 9 pins.
So anytime you want to refill and reset ALL chips at once, you can do so. Thus far my testing shows that it works on ARC chips with a V5.0 and up
So this will work with your current refillable carts acquired for the past two or three years.
Further testing is occurring

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I have a couple of EPson Resetters for 7 and 9 pin chips that seem to allow resetting ARC on refillables. It definitely does help in being able to swop and service complete sets of carts all at once

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
dparadowski said:
Where to get it, which one is it.
I bought a set of cheap made in China refillable cartridges with ARC chips for Epson R2880. The cartridges have worked great so far. The ARC will reset automatically only when the printer detects empty and you pulled it out to refill and reinstall it back in. What I do is when a cartridge is needing a refill I not only refill it I also take the chance to refill all the cartridges.

With this strategy the cartridges always have more ink than the ink level status says. The printer will never run out of ink in the middle of printing a sheet of print. When the empty ink warning strikes me I don't need to refill immediately. I do need to pull a cartridge and reinstall it right back in to reset the chip. The printer will use some ink to prime the print head still. But I get to wait until maybe the end of the day to refill all the cartridges again. I believe when I eventually refill the cartridges I do not need to pull them out to refill. I can refill them while they are still plugged in. So there is no more priming of the print head at the time of refilling. So far I have pulled all the cartridges to refill but I realized I really can refill them while they are still in the printer.

The cheap cartridges work extremely well so far. When they were filled the first time I do need to prime them before using them. I have not needed to prime any of them since then.

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, but one of the other cartridges that you didn't reset by leaving them in can give empty warning int he middle of the page. This could happen six times more often that resetting all of them at once. Wouldn't it make sense to pull them all and fill them and also reset them so this will happen with less frequency? Anyways, do yo know what resetter would work for the ARC chips in a Artisan 50?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
That's not a problem. The printer never stops in the middle of printing a sheet of print. It may stop before all the sheets are printed. When that happens I just pull the cartridge and put it right back in. The printer will do a priming cycle then it will finish printing all remaining sheets.

After I started this practice I just need to keep in mind that the actual ink level in the cartridges will be no less than what the ink level status indicates. I will no long need to rush into refilling when the printer says one of the cartridges is out of ink. I usually refill all cartridges before the end of the day or the next day before I start to use the printer again.

Whenever there is a warning I just need to remember to refill soon but not immediately.

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Oh, OK. On the Artisan 50, it just stop in the middle of a sheet. I kinda want to stop that from happening. I don't mind doing a priming cycle when I do it when planned instead of right in the middle of a job. Also that could and has happen several time trying to print out a single picture and multiple color are low.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
That's very strange. Epson ink cartridges are know to contain some ink even after the printer says they are empty. There is really no reason for the printer to stop printing in the middle of printing a sheet when one of the chips registers empty. There should be enough ink to finish printing the sheet. As far as I know Canon printers never stop printing. They will not print the next sheet but will finish the current sheet.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The artisans printers do behave that way!

Grandexp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
How about with OEM cartridges and OEM chips?