Controlled reset with ARCs

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So, do any resetters work with the ARC chips for the artisan line of printers?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am using Dampers w chip bar which resets all colors whenever one is declared empty. There are no more true ARCs they require you to do something to reset them. In my case you open the lid, through the little on / off switch on the chip bar to off. Close the lid, then all colors will be declared as empty. Open the lid once again, and flip the switch back to on and close the lid. All the chips will be recognized as full.
You never remove the dampers and you refill them in situ. Very nice system from Inkjetcarts.us

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I ordered those damper when I saw you talking about them a few months ago. They worked great for a month and then all of a sudden, the one wouldn't seal and the whole cartridge empties out twice. Went back to my standard ARC chipped cartridges. I would love a resetter that would work on the v.6.0 ARC chips for the Artisan 50. When one says empty I'd pull them all and refill them at once and reset them at once, that way I wouldn't have to pull and fill each one individually when they finally say empty. I've had it happen a few time that 3 carts went empty in the process of 1 8x10. Wasted 3 sheets of paper. Love to be able to stop that.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I have them on 4 machines without a single incident. So does OutOfTheInkwell who is "Rabid" about them LOL!!!!
I am 100% that Ross Hardy would have replaced it or them for you without question if you had let him know.
There very convenient and since they do not have to removed the exit port to inlet post on the head will not deteriorate.
Sorry to hear your have not behaved as they are supposed.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I also have those same flip top dampers. Many of them leaked from the edges around the plastic. I thought maybe I had done something wrong but after replacing 2 sets at my own cost and finally getting enough to go around that do not leak around the edges, I also now have the problem with the bad seals so the entire cartridge drains overnight.

Ross insists it is entirely my fault and that he never ever has any issues with his products. He will not replace things for free. After buying two sets on my own he has only replaced one damper and I still had to pay to ship it.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sorry to hear about that. All I can say is that I've never had any trouble with anthing from Inkjetcarts as well as others like precission colors
( mikling ).
Are you saying that the dampers are leaking ink out the sides or that the O rings on the flip tops are not sealing?
You're other choice is individual refillables carts with reset to full when empty chips. On other of my printers I use refillable sets which I replace as a set as one color reaches empty. I use Mikling's products for those types. No problems either and I have like 15 plus printers.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I had at least five of them leaking out the sides from the plastic seals, thus my earlier post asking if anyone makes hard walled dampers. I finally thought I got everything set up perfectly yesterday, spent the whole afternoon printing out my ICC charts and thought I was going through a lot of refills. I also found 50ml of ink in the waste tank. I figured I hadn't been paying attention since I got it and the initial purges to clear the banding were what caused it.

I came in to work this morning and found the light cyan and light magenta had completely drained into the waste tank.

I have emailed several suppliers this morning, including mikling. My main problem is that I'm already out several hundred dollars from buying a broken used printer, all these worthless dampers, and a malfunctioning CIS. At this point I can't afford to have to throw out the ink, so I really want to be able to continue using what I have left, thus I need to find someone who knows for sure that they're selling the same inksets.