Continuous Ink System Epson R1900 - tubes get caught inside printer

Gruffalocrumble

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
3 days ago I installed the BIGFOOT R1900 CIS from Inkjetfly on my Epson R1900. The installation worked fine, the printer is ready. Unfortunately I did not manage to make a single print so far.

The tubing is continuously getting caught inside the printer resulting in an error message paper loading error.

I adjusted the length of the tubes several times according to the instructions and tried it again and again. But the print head never manages to slide smoothly under the cover and the printing process stops every time.

What can I do?

Is there anybody with the same equipment who has got tips?

Thanks in advance!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Gruffalocrumble said:
3 days ago I installed the BIGFOOT R1900 CIS from Inkjetfly on my Epson R1900. The installation worked fine, the printer is ready. Unfortunately I did not manage to make a single print so far.

The tubing is continuously getting caught inside the printer resulting in an error message paper loading error.

I adjusted the length of the tubes several times according to the instructions and tried it again and again. But the print head never manages to slide smoothly under the cover and the printing process stops every time.

What can I do?

Is there anybody with the same equipment who has got tips?

Thanks in advance!
I dont have the same equipment but all CISS installations are very much the same get it wrong and youre stuffed.

Just take a little while and stand back from your problem for a few minutes
and youll find patients can in fact help you quite a lot.

Try turning on your printer then as soon as the print head moves out to the centre position
pull the power plug, now your back in control not the printer.

Read your instructions again and go through each step once more as
if youre installing the system for the first time but check everything twice.

Then slide the print head back and forth by hand till your sure that the tubing is not catching on anything
and is secured properly then power up the printer once more and it should give you no more trouble.

Happy Printing..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
@ Gruffalocrumble

Watch my video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KugHsmlNxeY

As you can see I also have a CISS from inkjetfly and it runs flawlessly.
Compare the way I am running my tubbing ribbon and the way you installed your and see if there is a defference.

Good luck.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
My WF 1100 CIS didn't catch, but the overhang on the left hand side still hit the tubing hard enough to make me nervous about it. I wound up cutting a large section of it out with an electric hot knife. Walnut Hollow, Michaels or Joann with coupon, the set with the #11 type hobby knife blade not the thick brass "blade". If you can only find the $30 set you can get the $8 knife that only has a few brass tips and a pack of the blades separately. Or just get the $30 set with a 40% or 50% off coupon, you never know what else you might be able to use it for.