Collective group buying: Inktec Powerchrome K3 high-glossy pigment ink

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
After searching and trying many inks in the past years, I discovered (thanks costadinos) the most glossiest K3 compatible 3rd party pigment ink, which is the Inktec Powerchrome K3. This ink is a resin coated formulation, yielding fantastic glossy prints.

The most difficult colour of aftermarket K3 compatible inks is the magenta, which causes muted printed area's in which magenta is used to compose that particular colour. I have compared prints made with this ink and Epson K3 and the results are astonishingly good in terms of glossiness. Even with Original K3 ink, the magenta still has a bit less gloss compared to the other colours: Inktec magenta has the same and even a slightly better gloss compared to the Original K3 magenta. The only minus would be the greater bronzing on semimatte paper, giving it a metallic sheen on some area's of the prints. However: the overall printing results are really great on high gloss and matte papers.
Now because Inktec Powerchrome K3 is only available in 1 liter bottles, the amount is far too much for most of us. Therefore I am looking for other guys/girls who are interested in a collective group purchase, which will be organized by me.

I need at least 3 other persons (+ me myself) to commence purchase. Note: there will be only 8 colours (no MK, as I hardly print with MK and for printing on matte media, almost all aftermarket K3 compatible pigment inks will do at even lower prices).
What will be costs: purchase of 8x1 liter Powerchrome K3 high-Glossy pigment ink + shipping costs to me + leak proof containers (8x250 or 8x100 ml) + shipping costs to you (registered), proportionally divided by all individuals.

So if you want 8x100 or 8x250 ml, please PM me, so I can arrange for the purchase. Purchase will immediately commence when all funds are collected (Don't worry, I am to be trusted :)...I have been for many years on this site and my reputation seems to be sound).

My first indication of the price will be about €175 (including the cost of leak proof containers + registered shipping in the EU-zone) for 8 x 250 ml. You can purchase 8 x 100 ml as well, if you don't need as much ink.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I would like to say count me in, but I am sitting on to much stock OCP inks.. and OEM Epson K3

I would suggest you put up a eBay Auction with reasonable pricing for the "left" ink that you cant consume, so at least five packages with each 100ml.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There are new rules out now regarding the transportation of ink, so please be aware of this before you try to send it.

Private individuals can't send ink by air mail anymore because Couriers and Post will refuse to handle it, however there are no restriction on overland or sea packages once it’s declared correctly..

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Germany DHL for International shipping clearly allows private and business customers to send non-flamable liquids in leak proof bottle and packaging.
ALSO German Postal services "Deutsche Post" offers "Maxibrief International als Einschreiben"

Length: min. 14cm
Wide: min. 9cm
L+W+H = max. 90cm** up to 1.000g
EUR 7
WORLDWIDE
without Tracking
additional 2,15 EUR for registered Mail
summs it up to 9,15 EUR

and German Postal service also allows liquids to transport if the packaging is safe and secure and the content is non-flamable.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
After searching and trying many inks in the past years, I discovered (thanks costadinos) the most glossiest K3 compatible 3rd party pigment ink, which is the Inktec Powerchrome K3. This ink is a resin coated formulation, yielding fantastic glossy prints.

The most difficult colour of aftermarket K3 compatible inks is the magenta, which causes muted printed area's in which magenta is used to compose that particular colour. I have compared prints made with this ink and Epson K3 and the results are astonishingly good in terms of glossiness. Even with Original K3 ink, the magenta still has a bit less gloss compared to the other colours: Inktec magenta has the same and even a slightly better gloss compared to the Original K3 magenta. The only minus would be the greater bronzing on semimatte paper, giving it a metallic sheen on some area's of the prints. However: the overall printing results are really great on high gloss and matte papers.
Now because Inktec Powerchrome K3 is only available in 1 liter bottles, the amount is far too much for most of us. Therefore I am looking for other guys/girls who are interested in a collective group purchase, which will be organized by me.

I need at least 3 other persons (+ me myself) to commence purchase. Note: there will be only 8 colours (no MK, as I hardly print with MK and for printing on matte media, almost all aftermarket K3 compatible pigment inks will do at even lower prices).
What will be costs: purchase of 8x1 liter Powerchrome K3 high-Glossy pigment ink + shipping costs to me + leak proof containers (8x250 or 8x100 ml) + shipping costs to you (registered), proportionally divided by all individuals.

So if you want 8x100 or 8x250 ml, please PM me, so I can arrange for the purchase. Purchase will immediately commence when all funds are collected (Don't worry, I am to be trusted :)...I have been for many years on this site and my reputation seems to be sound).

My first indication of the price will be about €175 (including the cost of leak proof containers + registered shipping in the EU-zone) for 8 x 250 ml. You can purchase 8 x 100 ml as well, if you don't need as much ink.

I can still send you 100ml bottles of the ink if you like. I paid 665eur for my last order (13 Liters of ink), so it should work out to ~40eur per 800ml, plus ~10eur for the bottles plus the cost of the shipping method of your choice.

jani80k

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
R3000
I would like 100ml bottles of the ink, also MK if possible. I am in Germany.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Guys,

I finally managed a group buy organized by websnail (UK). If interested please contact him for costs/shipping details. I bought 250 ml of each colour except matte black (I don't print much on matte paper). However matte black is available for those interested. Available amounts per colour: 50, 100, 250 ml and more.

Note: these pigment inks work perfectly in 6 colour based dye ink Epson printers without the slightest clogging. I have tested these brilliantly glossy inks in my Epson 1500W and the results are far better than any pigment inks I have tested in the past (Epson Photo 1400 and Epson 1500W). For 6 colour printers one has to order the CcMmYK subset of this ink (Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow and Photo/Matte Black). He might even sell the CMYK subset for 4 colour based Epson printers (my advise: use photo black in the K-position and when printing photo's, you should choose the matte paper setting with highest printing quality to force CMYK-printing mode).

Features of this ink:

-resin coated formulation: brilliant and even gloss on most glossy and satin papers
-high scratch resistance
-deep blacks
-almost odorless smell compared to the competition
-fade and water resistance thanks to the very nature of pigment ink.

nrdlnd

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Hello,
I'm a new member of this group but I've already got lots of valuable information! I wonder if it's still possible to buy the Powerchrome K3 in a group buy? I need eight 250ml bottles with PK ink (no MK). It should be with the vivid magenta inks.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hello,
I'm a new member of this group but I've already got lots of valuable information! I wonder if it's still possible to buy the Powerchrome K3 in a group buy? I need eight 250ml bottles with PK ink (no MK). It should be with the vivid magenta inks.
The collective stock purchased under the group was exhausted a few months back but I'm not averse to offering a small discount in lieu of a late comer.

Drop me a line via the octoinkjet site (remind me of your username on here to prompt the grey cells) and we can go from there.

nrdlnd

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Thank You for the answer and offer! I've finally found a datasheet of the Inktec Powerchrome K3 ink. It seems to be rather similar to OEM ink; a little less gamut, a little less density of the different inks except Magenta and LLBlack that's a little stronger. Yellow is equal. It's an ink with the "Vivid" Magentas.
http://shop.inktec.cz/download/5-lfp/47-EKI technická data/
Per