Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You have done that before then, how many pieces did you have to pick up...:lol:

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
If you have a scrap of that carpet, stain it with the same ink and then clean it in the same way as you did the carpet that got stained. Let it sit for a few days for the dye to set. Then try a 1:20 dilution of household bleach in water. The bleach will remove the ink stain, but this test is to see how much of the original carpet color also gets removed (some carpets have pigmented colors, buy most are dyed). You will have to use lots of water to remove the bleach when you are done to stop the "cleaning" action.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Or maybe like our prints with dye ink, you could expose the carpet to UV and ozone and hope for accelerated fading, lol.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Yup and you'd also have crunchy carpet that turns to dust when you vacuum it. UV and ozone are plastics worst nightmare.

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Just get a swatch of fine art cotton fiber canvas, photograph a clean section of the carpet, print it on the swatch and mount it over the offending area!!! No bleaching, scrubbing or explosions (unless from wife)-and probably not much 'photoshopping' required. Don't sweat it.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Having had this happen to me, with a dye based canon ink, I would say get the water as hot as possible, I use a little green machine and a steam buggy to clean with pretty good results.

marceltho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If the vacuum doesn't work, you can always take a bucket of water, put some more ink in, and stain from wall to wall......:lol::lol::lol: