Clean up carpet?

korny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So, I managed to spill a little bit of dye ink, yellow on the beige wall-to-wall carpet...

Any tips on removing the ink that?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You need a wet dry vac. Use a strong soap like greased lightning full strength to soak the ink stain, then pour lots of hot water on the soapy area and suck the ink with the vacuum. That should get a lot of it out after several treatments. After that you need denatured alcohol, same thing soak it and then suck it out with the vacuum. Anything left after that should be fairly light, especially yellow on beige.

korny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Awesome info, qwertydude. I'm on it! I need to deep-clean / vacuum regardless.

I think I'll be even more careful from now on...

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes, just speaking from experience. My wife came up with another version of the old saying, "Once burned, twice learned". Her version goes like this: "Once spilled, twice killed":lol::lol::lol:

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
The simple fact that you're posting this information must mean that you're single. (mowerman)

Well, if he was, he was! Darn lucky he chose a matching color to spill. But when he finishes this vigorous cleanup his problem(s) start--The newly refreshed portion of the carpet will 'jump out' at you compared to the rest of used and naturally soiled carpet! Now, wife or no wife, watcha gonna do?? Restain it to match?

Enjoy irv weiner

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Ah yes the horribly mismatching clean spot is almost as much an eyesore as a stain because it's a nagging reminder that the rest of your carpter could use a good deep cleaning. I say leave the stain there and live with it lol.

gymeathaum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Or, just do what I do and rearrange the furniture. :D

Oh man, this is my FIRST post, eh? Sheesh...I've been lurking on Nifty-Stuff for YEARS...didn't realize that I didn't have an account until I tried to log in! :lol:

Cheers,
Jimmy.

tsiya

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sucking alcohol or any other flammable solvent through a vacuum cleaner can end with a vacuum cleaner in very small airborne parts.