CISS on Canon pixma 4600

ausipeet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
bought a CISS system for my canon Pixma 4600 last year and ever since installing it i, have to every time i use it, give it a deep clean. If i don't deep clean every time i want to printy i get streaks and missing colours, have been in contact with the supplier of the ciss he asures me that he has NEVER??????? had issues like i described happen to any of his systems. does any one here now of a solution other then get rid of the CIss completly.

Thanks in advance

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
One of the main reasons for you missing colours in your prints is because your CISS is having a bad hair day
(A few air leaks) and is therefore not properly installed and needs major adjustments.

Now if you continue to do deep head cleans then that will kill your printer quicker that a dingo with its head stuck in your neighbours trash can.

Completely reinstalling the whole CISS from the start again is one answer,
the other and best option is to cut your losses and dump the whole lot in the trash can, its going to be messy either way.

Close off the ink flow before attempting any alterations to your CISS and never lift the reservoir bottles higher than the cartridges,
there are not the friendliest of things to mess around with.

Dig out your old OEM cartridges, hopefully you still have them and if you didnt cap the outlet hole with the orange clip before storing them,
youll have to purge all the ink out of them and learn how to refill them, this is by far the easiest and best option for any Canon printer.

Refilling your OEM cartridges is a much cleaner safer and a more pleasing way to print without all the hassle
of trying to kick start your printer into life every time you want to make a print.

Dont take my word for it, try it yourself and see how much easier it is rather than having to argue with the printer every day,
its just like installing a new cartridge every time and your prints look great too.

When you have decided what youre going to do then come back here and all us Nifty guys will be here to help out in every way we can,
youre not alone mate, we dont make money here just good friends.. :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Hat, I am going to be a lot nicer than you.
TO ALL CANON USER!
DO NOT USE A CISS!!! only a few people have had relative good results with a CISS! You probably will not be one of those few lucky ones.
Unless you want to enjoy the problems of the OP and simply just want to kill your print head for some unexplained reason.

Learn to refill your OEM carts if at all possible.

Jose

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Jtoolman, your thinking is incorrect. Canon CISS is working great. You have to correctly balance the system first.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Really! I am successfully running a print room of over 15 wide format printers with zero errors with both Canon and Epson. Oh and I am indeed a VERY HAPPY MAN even without a single CISS!!!!

You are indeed one of the lucky ones and ONLY because you were able to build one from scratch the way it should have been built in the 1st place by China.

Just do a search and see what percentage of Canon Pixma Printer users are successfully running CISS units on them with ZERO problems.

Maybe you need to get your design patented and mass produced. You would be the first one to achieve success with a good working CISS for a Canon.

If you can get the dampers or carts to 100% maintain a seal on the head and not come loose due to the constant moving of the tubing ribbon and you can keep the carts from starving the head and you have your ink bottles perfectly balanced, the yes it should theoretically work.
But that's just with the one you built. The majority or commercial Canon CISS from China are simply NOT reliable.

JOSE

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
The majority or commercial Canon CISS from China are simply NOT reliable.
I do not have "Made in China" CISS. But I think you're right.
(I have a dream. I want to kill the Mariotte bottle.)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would have to agree totally, if everyone built their own CISS they would have a lot less problems with them.
Happy Refilling guys... Sorry AAA :woot