1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Health & Safety and 3D Printing.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest flatbed printer

Discussion in 'Everything Else InkJet Printer Related' started by sgdotcom, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    What I suggested earlier was an Epson and Canon printers with a front feeder using pigment inks.
    Most A3+ printers are not cheap to purchase or to run with OEM inks but if a screen printer is out then its the only option..:)

2. Feb 7, 2012
    sgdotcom

sgdotcom Getting Fingers Dirty

My sincere apologies, may I know what do you mean by front feeder? does this mean that the material goes in from the front and the output comes out from the back, material will not be bend? Sorry for the newbie, tried to google online..

3. Feb 7, 2012
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    I use a Pro9500 Mk ll that uses this method of feeding thick materials.
    The idea is you load your material in at the front and when the printer starts up the material is then pulled through to the back
    then printed normally and exits the front again, just like a CD tray only bigger..:)

4. Feb 7, 2012
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    I guess printing your images on photo paper and glueing them to the wood is not acceptable. Wood grain must be visible?

If using an unmodified normal inkjet printer, printing on transfer materials is not acceptable, then I'm out of ideas :(

5. Feb 7, 2012
    sgdotcom

that kinda weird to me, as long as it works fine.. I suppose the printer can accept in such a way, what is the thickest material you have tried before and does it work well? Many thanks!

Nope, the reason of printing on the wood is due to its pretty wood grain. It enhance the vintage look..

6. Feb 7, 2012
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    I think the max thickness is 2mm but dont quote me of that because I have only put 600 gm board through it.

If you are only looking for the wood grain effect then why dont you take a couple of good photos of the board grain
    and using Photoshop print that onto a lighter cream or white board instead? :)

7. Feb 7, 2012
    sgdotcom

Ha Ha, I need the natural wood grain to be visible, I need that that to be inserted in a container..

8. Feb 8, 2012
    sgdotcom

Regarding the water transfer, the piece I am going to print on is rather small, 4cm in diameter.. With its small area, I am worried that the print may be too small to have it done properly.. furthermore, it is unprocessed wood so I am worry that it may turn bad after some time..

9. Feb 8, 2012
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    I checked instructions for inkjet T-shirt transfer paper and found that it was also suitable for transfer onto wood.

I don't know where you are located, these instructions are from a US site. Note first paragraph, Recommended Applications. : http://www.misterinkjet.com/tshirt_transfer_instructions.htm

Here is the product.: http://www.misterinkjet.com/tshirt-transfers.htm I find the price fair, 10pcs. 8"x11" sheets for 10 $. A lot of your medallions(?) could be printed using these.

If I were to print on small wooden chips this would be the first thing I would try, before considering other methods.

Using water slide decals might necessitate lacquering the wood, and the decal might look just like the applied label it actually is.

10. Feb 8, 2012
    sgdotcom

I am from Singapore...

I found a pro 9500 which is extremely cheap at USD$300.. Brand new, should I try it firsT?

There are a lot of hollow spaces in between the image and words, I read that ink transfers require a background to look nicely done.

Was wondering about the ink contrast on the wood, maybe buying some spray that can enhance inkjet performance on other materials