Canon waste ink

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You should only pay attention to the horizontal line segments. Each one is from a different nozzle. The vertical line segments are made up of all the nozzles corresponding to all the horizontal segments in that row so you will never see any gaps in the vertical lines unless there is a very large number of adjacent bad nozzles.

Sometimes, when you get a print head in a used printer, it will have a huge number of bad nozzles, which, as you describe, they gradually start working with repeated cleanings. You can never know with stubborn nozzles if they are burned out and will never work again or merely have a persistent clog, unless they fit a regular pattern, which is usutally indicative of an electrical problem. Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for the printer to figure out if it had clogged nozzles. It would have to have some optical sensors. But that is what you are for, to tell the printer if there are any clogged nozzles!!!

Gerry_H

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks GH,

Your explanation of just how to 'read the signs' in the 'Check Nozzle' print outs was spot-on. Those strips of colored 'mesh' really tell users a lot, if the user knows how to read and interpret what they are reporting.

"Hey! Its only taken me three years of reading 'all-over' to collect sufficient knowledge to maintain this thing... Good grief i'm glad it didn't include a remote control mixed up in the circuitry!!! ;)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You're welcome.

Now let's see, a remote control on a printer would be a way of communicating with it over an IR link from a hand held device, right? You probably think that such a thing does not exist, but it does. My iP6000D has an IR link that will allow me to print photos from my cell phone!! (But it's pokey slow.)

Gerry_H

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
"Oh my God!" I've got an ip6000d! Quick. Where's the holy water - me first, then douse the printer. :eek:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Gerry_H said:
"Oh my God!" I've got an ip6000d! Quick. Where's the holy water - me first, then douse the printer. :eek:
I'll stand by with the crash cart and the CO2 fire extinguisher then should I? :)

*checks manual about water (holy or not) in relation to electrical goods for fifth time*