Canon TS 8051 Incomplete Print-outs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes stratman. I had the same page (matched yours) on my computer and activated 'Default'.
I think you meant The Hat and not me. Otherwise I don't understand what you wrote.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
and activated 'Default'. No joy though.
Did you click on Apply after clicking Default.. ?
from my 'write' program on my computer
Which write program are you using and when you print a PDF which program are you using to launch that..?
This problem has gone way beyond a scanner issue..

Thomas08

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS8051
I use and have used for a couple of years, a purchased program 'Textmaker' by 'Softmaker'.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. I have not had issues with this before.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This problem has gone way beyond a scanner issue..
It is the darndest of issues if the OP has done the settings changes and paper placement on the glass platen as recommended. An uninstall, reboot and reinstall should rule out software issues.

Thomas08

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS8051
I should have added that there is no apply button on my 'Print' page setup screen. Just 'OK'. However the default is 'Letter' . I use A4 so I have to change to that as the printer is loaded with A4 paper.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
'Textmaker' by 'Softmaker'
Hmm, that may be useful info. Maybe there is a mysterious settings change or corruption to your Textmaker software. Could be a complete uninstall, reboot and reinstall will resolve the issue? :idunno

Try making a copy of a document using the buttons on the printer's front control panel. Once that copy is deemed appropriate then try scanning the document and printing using only Canon's installed software, not your purchased Textmaker.

By simplifying the procedure, avoiding additional unknowns like third party software, maybe we can determine the issue.

Thomas08

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS8051
I get a print cut-off if I use 'Copy', from the printer controls as well as from the computer. I scan and download as pdf and then print from A/Reader. Still cut-off.

To clarify: I get a bottom of the page cut-off whatever I try to print whether from 'Copy' on the printer, print from a text program. Scan and send to computer shows up as a full page scan on the computer but will not print the whole page. Whatever I want to print from whatsoever source the print is missing from the bottom of the page. If I only want to print say, half a page, generally there is no problem.

Look, I appreciate what you gentlemen are trying to do to help me but I feel guilty that this problem is taking up much of your time.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Scan and send to computer shows up as a full page scan on the computer but will not print the whole page.
Are you scanning using the Canon software and TWAIN driver, or are you using Textmaker?

Are you scanning/printing wirelessly? If so, attach a the printer to the computer via USB cable and try again.

• Since you can scan and save the document as a PDF and that document is appropriate - no cut off's - then we know the scanner works appropriately.

• Since the issue is ONLY present when you print either the scanned saved PDF or directly from the Copy function on the printer control panel itself, then there appears to be either a settings issue or a software communications issue.

• I am assuming the printer does NOT have issues printing documents (or anything else) that was not scanned first by the printer. Correct?

Another test--- Using only Canon's software, not Textmaker, scan a document and save as a PDF and make sure the PDF looks appropriate on your monitor without cut off's. Print the PDF using Windows built in PDF reader, not Adobe Acrobat reader. Make sure to use the appropriate settings for your sized paper (A4?).

Thomas08

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS8051
Yes, I'm using only Canon software to scan. I only use Textmaker when I'm writing letters etc in that program.
I have tried using both wifi and usb connections. No solution observed.
Yes agreed. Scanner works.
Scanned, saved pdf, direct copy function on printer or a long full A4 document from Textmaker. No print request of any type from any source whatever will print a full page..

I'll try your suggestion re using Windows pdf reader and report back.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
....However the default is 'Letter'. I use A4 so I have to change to that as the printer is loaded with A4 paper.

I think this is the cause of the problems. The default paper format must be set to A4. So I wonder what location and what language did you choose in the start of the install program?

If for instance you are using a US English Windows version, the install program for the printer might choose Letter as the default paper format and inches as standard of measure instead of centimetres.

Latest posts