billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi just a quick note, I know some folks think that Sudhaus is the owner of the German patent for the resetters but this is not true. I wrote to RKS to clarify and ask for their patent number. Though they did not give me the number, here is the note they sent to me:

RKS-TECHNIK <rks-technik@t-online.de>
reply-to RKS-TECHNIK <rks-technik@t-online.de>
to Michele Avanti <astrologyandmore@gmail.com>
date Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 4:16 AM
subject Re: Rainer..do you have a patent number for the resetters?
mailed-by t-online.de

hide details 4:16 AM (9 hours ago)

Hello Michele,

we have in Germany only a copyright regarding the micro-chipprogram-configuration in the resetter. That means, that it is not allowed to other manufacturers to sell in Germany plagiarismn of this resetter, which use an exactely copy of the chip-program. All micro-computer-programs, developed in Germany, are automatically protected by law in the territory of Germany. But this copyright is legally only in the territory of Germany. If someone sells a plagiarismn in Germany, so we have to attest to the german court, that our chip-program was earlier on the market and that the plagiarismn-program-code is identically with our product (an exactely copy). In this case it is forbidden to sell a plagiarismn of the resetter-chip-program in Germany.

But it is not possible to get a patent or other industrial property right for this purpose, there we have only cracked the Canon-chip. Such a development is not capable of being protected, there it is -strictly speaking- a chip-development of the Canon company

best regards

Rainer
And here is the original note I received after I too had questioned how Sudhaus, could be selling these resetters for less than I was purchasing them wholesale.

from RKS-TECHNIK <rks-technik@t-online.de>
reply-to RKS-TECHNIK <rks-technik@t-online.de>
to Michele Avanti <astrologyandmore@gmail.com>
date Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:30 AM
subject Re: thank you so much...
mailed-by t-online.de

hide details Jul 3

Hello, Michele,

The company Sudhaus is a German manufacturer of refill ink for printer cartridges. Sudhaus sells thousands of pieces in Europe. Sudhaus virtually resells the InkControl-Resetter at cost price, sometimes cheaper, in combination with their refill ink. This is the ideal possibility for Sudhaus to market their refill ink. The main interest of this company is to supply the customers with refill ink again and again.

We will now be able to finalize the adapter retainers on short term. We will announce the exact date. I think it needs about 8 days about.

In a few weeks, we will start manufacturing a new RKS InkControl-Resetter, with additional functionality and an even better quality. We will not supply this product to Sudhaus. If your sales and distribution operates smoothly by then, you will be able to market this product in the USA exclusively and unhindered

Kind regards,

Gerd

RKS Technik
And I wanted to comment on something pharmacist pointed out - that auto reset chips are starting to enter the market. I too have read about these, and am thinking I need to get some samples. This will be a great answer to the whole issue. I found a supplier but have not ordered any yet.

Best to all,
Michele

joyea

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I want to thank Michele for the great resetter. Ordered it very late Tues.
night from http://www.inkjetreset.com/ and received it Fri. morning. It reset
my tanks in a matter of seconds. I had some in my printer that had been refilled
at the low ink warning. Took them out, reset them and put them back. Showed full
again.

I like that I was able to order here in the USA and at a good price plus
get a two year warrenty with it. And the 4 screws in the bottom is a lot better
for me than to try to pry the bottom off to replace the battery.

bazbaz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
binkie said:
Here is a page from the BlueSetter instruction sheet that I received when I returned my malfunctioning RedSetter to Michele http://www.inkjetreset.com/and received the BlueSetter as a warranty replacement. It shows the battery type and replacement procedure.

Binkie

[url]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5938/bluesetterbatteriesgc6.jpg[/url]
From the above instructions,
does this mean that if I have disabled ink monitoring, that it is useless to try resetting any of these carts?

jru

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Bazbaz,

No, I have disabled ink monitoring in all my carts, and have used the BlueSetter many times and it has always worked without problem.