Canon ReSetter availbility

tsu3000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

I am planning on getting a Canon ReSetter device for my IP4500 and was all set to buy direct from Germany (via ebay) but noticed that ink.co.uk also sell it at a much cheaper price (10). The pictures look the same, but my question is are they the same device? Can any confirm this please?

Thanks in advance.

J

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi. I have ordered one of these from ink.co.uk but as yet it has not arrived through my letterbox. Will let you know about it when it comes.

Servo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've bought one from them last month, they are the same item, and they work 100% with the ip4500 carts.

tsu3000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dougsewell said:
Hi. I have ordered one of these from ink.co.uk but as yet it has not arrived through my letterbox. Will let you know about it when it comes.
Thanks dougsewell, please let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello, Just an update on this. Re-setter from ink.co.uk not yet here but I have received a resetter from www.tonerplusuk.co.uk at 19.75 with free p&p.
This is a SUDHAUS CHIP REDSETTER with mains power supply for Canon CL1-8 and PG1-5. Simplicity to use and no worries about a battery running out within sealed unit. (this can be fixed though with careful use of a knife blade to lever the bottom off and refix with screws after changing the CR2032 battery. However this one (the Redsetter) is simple and is exactly the same as the battery powered ones except it has its own power supply with interchangeable plugs. I have reset all my carts prior to refilling and it has even corrected a yellow cart that constantly gives misreads in the printer with "change cartridge" messages when the cart is still full. The black PG1-5 cart flashed continuously when put in the resetter but by resetting it 5 times I eventually got it to flash once then display the led continuously after 6 seconds as it is supposed to do. All in all a good buy but will let you know what the 10 one from ink.uk is like when it comes.
Doug

tsu3000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the update. The mains operated version of the SUDHAUS CHIP REDSETTER sounds interesting and probably more useful long term. 20 is a good price too considering the German EBAY seller wants 59 euros.

Thanks.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Finally, resetter arrived from Ink.co. This is a battery powered model identical to the mains one in my previous reply (without of course the mains adapter) It operates exactly the same and the box shows it to be a product from www.digitalrevolution.com in Bielefeld Germany. Supplied through ink.co.uk at 10.06 + 2.95 p&p. Still- agood buy but for that little bit extra you can get a mains powered version from tonerplusuk.co.uk.
you simply pays your money and takes your choice.
Best wishes to all. Doug

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
dougsewell said:
Finally, resetter arrived from Ink.co. .............. Supplied through ink.co.uk at 10.06 + 2.95 p&p. Still- agood buy but for that little bit extra you can get a mains powered version from tonerplusuk.co.uk.
you simply pays your money and takes your choice.
Best wishes to all. Doug
Doug ,
Thanks very much for your report on these 2 sources of the Redsetter , several of us were wishing to find possible UK sources.
However when i just re-visited the Ink Co site and went everywhere on it I can see no mention that it ever existed ....or is it me cant see the Redsetter for the carts?...... I know it was there but I cant see it now. (perhaps you had the last one!)
I then visited the Toner plus site........it is still listed there but currently "out of Stock"................I wonder if some sort of "action "is taking place?

I think we will have to monitor going forward to see if they do re-appear.

http://www.discandink.co.uk/acatalog/For_Canon_Compatible_Ink.php
just checked this site they are doing both types.........20 the battery and 40 with power supply.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If I can Help, I have found the resetter on ink.co.uk under Canon - iP4500 - page 3 at 10.06
Regards
Doug

tsu3000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dougsewell, thanks for reporting back. Its very useful to know that we can buy this device in the UK at a reasonable price smile. So would you say it took about a week from order to delivery from Germany?

Thanks.