Canon ReSetter availbility

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For info :- ordered from ink.co.uk on 3/10. Despatched by courier on 9/10 and received on 15/10.
Regards
Doug

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
dougsewell said:
If I can Help, I have found the resetter on ink.co.uk under Canon - iP4500 - page 3 at 10.06
Regards
Doug
Yes, thanks Doug , exactly as you say...................you would think they would make it a main item on their front page.....it`s well tucked away there.

Ash

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG5350
I've just got my resetter today for ink.co.uk. I've refilled three cartridges for my ip4500 using the German method, reset them and all are working great :)

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Tsu3000

I am not sure which of the resetters you are looking at, is it the red one?

If so they are the same. They were designed by RKS Technik in Germany. And have since been upgraded.

We are the exclusive US distributors for them, so I can tell you the differences and what to expect.

If you are purchasing from one of RKS's distributors (they have exclusive distributors in most major countries) you should not only receive the product but a 2 year replacement warranty.

Recently (last week to be exact) we finally received the new upgraded blue resetters. They have four major differences from the older red ones.

1) The new RKS blue resetter has four screws in the bottom plate so you can remove it and replace the battery when necessary.

2) RKS found that some of the old red resetter circuit boards were running hot, and burned out after so many resets, so they redesigned the whole circuit board to correct the issue.

3) The red one has the activating pressure point on the angle, so you had to hold the ink cartridge very tightly to make perfect contact with the pins. They changed the design by placing a contact button right next to the pins so when you place your ink cartridge in the resetter, it is much easier to get the contact.

4) Previously the adapter for the cli-8 cartridges only sat in place, and if you did not hold the unit correctly, it could slip. In the new units, the adapter now has two bars that go into two holes in the resetter, thus the adapter is held in place and it cannot slip out at all.

Overall a much better design.

RKS Technik developed this technology, and holds the patent, and as their exclusive distributor in the USA,
we are the only ones who offer a 2 year replacement warranty to assure if there any new issues, you will be protected.

If you are in the USA, you can get one from us at the INKJET STUFF FORUM price of $53.50 including first class shipping and 2 year warranty.

We also have chip extenders and offer combo packages with them. Please note though we have found the chip extenders will not fit well on the ip3500 or ip4500. It seems these models are not as deep inside by a few millimeters causing the printer not to close with the extenders and carts in place.

At any rate, we welcome forum members. And hope to always have a good deal for them. Right now we have a sale on our website but only for $57 + shippng, which is still more than we offer to members. So if you do want one, just email us.

Here are some pictures of the new blue resetters

Resetter2A%20copy.jpg

RKSResetter2cli8m.jpg

RKSResetter2AInside.jpg

Best to everyone here - always, Michele

tsu3000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi mapsy

Thanks for the info. I am UK based so not sure if there is a UK seller at the moment of this "blue version". But I have ordered the original red version from patronenhandel.de and waiting for delivery.

Thanks.

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It should be fine. RKS sells their units to Sudhas / Patronen - they are the largest ink seller in Europe, so they sell their refill kit with the red resetter below cost. You cannot go wrong with it. Some folks in the USA have taken the red resetters and rewired them - that is to say hard wired them, so they plug into the wall. And you could do that, then you would never have to worry about the board going.
We also sell the Pros which are hard-wired. I have one of those. Just posted a sale on them on my site too. They normally sell for 96 but we have them on sale for 80 right now.
I have used the red ones and the pro. I have not used the blue ones yet, though I have a hundred of them here. They look great.
RKS is also working on another model that they plan to have out in 3 or 4 months. I will keep you posted. They want to create one that will reset more types of Canon chips besides the cli-8 and pgi-5.
I don't know what they will come out with, but whatever it is we will carry it. They are a very good company, been in business since 1972, and won lots of international awards.
Take care, hope yours works well. Best always,
Michele

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Great these resetters. Now there is a new battle to be won: the reset of the latest PGI-520 and CLI-521 cartriges used in the Canon IP 3600/4600 and MP540/630/980 printers. This time I think Canon is using alot of more firing power to protect its chips.

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist - I am not sure what they are doing, but I am certain they will continue to try to keep us from being able to reset them, as the new models roll out.

I know I keep at least three sets of chips on hand for my printer to make sure I won't be left without.

I believe they are working on a method to keep the chips from being resettable at all. So if they find a way to that, the new carts that come out across the board will all have them. This is why I tell my customers to keep a rotating group of three. I am cautious.
Best to you, Michele

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ANYTHING can be cracked. It just takes time sometimes.

you know whats funny, VISTA was cracked at the beta 2 stage, even before the RTM stage of it. so, it took basically two weeks to hack vista. It was hacked before it was even available to the public.

yet, it takes 2 years to crack encryption on a itty bitty chip over a whole operating system. Good going Micro$oft, Good going. Maybe M$ should talk deals with canon and get them to do the security for the next windows?

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
mapsy said:
pharmacist - I am not sure what they are doing, but I am certain they will continue to try to keep us from being able to reset them, as the new models roll out.

I know I keep at least three sets of chips on hand for my printer to make sure I won't be left without.

I believe they are working on a method to keep the chips from being resettable at all. So if they find a way to that, the new carts that come out across the board will all have them. This is why I tell my customers to keep a rotating group of three. I am cautious.
Best to you, Michele
Michele,
What type of battery does "Blue" resetter use?Are they easily available?Thanks,Fred