Canon Pro 100 Refills

Fabphoto

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have screwed up twice. Both times i didnt have the plug secure and ink leaked all over the inside of the printer. Be sure , by shaking the cart, there is no ink dripping before you insert it in the print head slot..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I have screwed up twice. Both times i didnt have the plug secure and ink leaked all over the inside of the printer. Be sure , by shaking the cart, there is no ink dripping before you insert it in the print head slot..
I doubt you'd find anyone on here who hasn't messed up somewhere along the line, in fact I think it's actually sort of rite of passage to do this as amateurs, cocky-SOB's and then humbled old-hands who still find they can mess up like a good-un. In short, you're in good multi-coloured company :)

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I doubt you'd find anyone on here who hasn't messed up somewhere along the line, in fact I think it's actually sort of rite of passage to do this as amateurs, cocky-SOB's and then humbled old-hands who still find they can mess up like a good-un. In short, you're in good multi-coloured company :)

Oh-boy. Isn't that the truth.

When learning I was very cautious and followed the script plus my own notes precisely to ensure I did every thing exactly by the book.

The dangerous stage is the complacency that sets in after a few refills, when one realizes this is really very simple, and concentration tends to diminish during the refill procedure.

My self imposed checklist, which I have on a yellow sticky with my paraphenalia includes:

Makes sure the correct ink going into the correct cartridge. So easy to put photo magenta into magenta if not paying attention. Same with cyan and the greys. Usually the first indication of this blooper is unexpected weirdness in final print. Followed by purge and clean to rectify.

Even more important NEVER, EVER leave uncapped ink bottles on working surface. If using squeezy bottles make sure the scabbard is replaced. Have had a couple of near misses of this one. So obvious, but so easily ignored. It's just for this minute you understand.

RS

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Roy are you saying you’re not perfect like the rest of us are… :gig :gig :gig

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Just get a printer that you can practice on, like some cheap all in one etc.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Roy are you saying you’re not perfect like the rest of us are… :gig :gig :gig

The nearest I came to being wrong was when I thought I had made a mistake, but on checking found I was wrong.

Truth be told refilling requires nothing more than average hand, eye coordination and a little patience. BUT, we don't know that when we start and tend to over think things.

RS

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score