Canon Pro-100 For $99....?

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
very tempting....... like i need another printer.....

need to research whether any of my MP980 inks(5) can be used in the PRO-100 carts(8)

thx

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870, MP980
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
I got one when I order the 5D3 from B&H and it included 50 sheets of 13x19 Luster paper. I profiled my monitor and printer and images are amazing.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
What has largely gone unappreciated that I will bring up is the issue of color management. So far only the more experienced folks would bring this topic up. Now for the more advanced photographers, who own Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Aperture, Capture one etc. the aspect of color management and using it is likely a given. It can get complicated and requires some investment in both learning AND more costly software.

With the Pro-100 however, this level of complication and investment is totally removed. You can use ICC profiles to print with "fun" software and get really good results. So if you don't own color managed software like the above, that amounts to at least another $40 savings there. That might be another consideration.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Canon just asks for the UPC label from the paper package. Numerous buyers have already received the rebates with the same offer from prior months. It is simply a real deal.
The rebate requires a copy of your receipt.

Additionally, under Terms Of Offer in the rebate:
Offer does not apply to purchases of refurbished or used products nor for eligible products packaged together and sold for one price.

This makes me a little hesitant as the paper is included free as a package deal when buying the printer alone.

Anyone purchased this deal in its current form and been notified they will receive the entire $300 back and not just $200?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I would interpret that last to mean two items combined that were discounted together (eg: Pro-100 and say Pro-10 printers sold as a bundle by retailer).

If the paper were seperately discounted in another deal I'd see a problem but that's not the case, correct?

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
The rebate requires a copy of your receipt.

Additionally, under Terms Of Offer in the rebate:

This makes me a little hesitant as the paper is included free as a package deal when buying the printer alone.

Anyone purchased this deal in its current form and been notified they will receive the entire $300 back and not just $200?

I don't know if this helps, but there is a $400 rebate at B&H with the purchase of the 5D3, which include the printer. I assume the $400 rebate is for the printer, which included the paper. I have not received the rebate yet. My rebate is for $400.

Below is the link.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/986049-REG/canon_eos_5d_mark_iii.html

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't know if this helps, but there is a $400 rebate at B&H with the purchase of the 5D3, which include the printer.
That is one helluva camera Al!

Bithead

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
CANON PRO-100 at Adorama for $99.....can this be for real....has anyone ordered one...???:frow

It's real. Just got my $300 prepaid card in the mail. Ordered the printer and the free paper.

It worked, a $99.00 Pro-100

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
:hitThe European members are choking over their coffee.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
:hitThe European members are choking over their coffee.

I know been watching the E-bay offerings I note they are not getting many takers and a lot of the Vendors have low E-bay history. Some offer Global posting which includes import duty, whether that is the same as VAT not sure, probably not. Whether it is worth risking saving about £125/150 and then probably not having any guarantee is doubtful. I can only lust on