stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Nice find! Here's a link:

http://www.adorama.com/ICAPRO100.html

Make sure you look at the PDF rebate before purchasing as you need to buy something else along with the printer to get the full $300.

My question would be does the free Canon paper qualify as Printer + Paper for rebate purposes? The rebate does say "purchase" but the free paper is one of the papers required for the additional rebate $$$. (Canon Photo Paper Semi-Gloss (SG-201) (13” x 19”) 50 Sheets)

Otherwise, you have to spend more money to get more money back.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Canon just asks for the UPC label from the paper package. Numerous buyers have already received the rebates with the same offer from prior months. It is simply a real deal.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon just asks for the UPC label from the paper package. Numerous buyers have already received the rebates with the same offer from prior months. It is simply a real deal.

:th You also forgot to mention that they also need proof of a US postal address… :he

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
They do not need "proof" just ask a friend in the USA to have it shipped there and have the rebate mailed there as well. There are many USA board members. Maybe some will purchase it on your behalf and a small token of appreciation forwarded to them will take care of the details. It's a heavy printer though and large too. Figure on shipping costs and also check the wall outlet where you live as well.

The rebate comes in the form of an American Express debit card in USD. You can use this card as you would a credit card.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Tempting...are there resetters available for the carts?

Do I really need another wide-format printer??? Already got a Woprforce 1100 (which REALLY works great) and an i9900 which also works fine, too!

Wayne

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer knowledge rule number 1. You NEVER NEVER have too many printers!!!!!!
Yes, there are now resetters. If you want chipless, the i9900 works.
I doubt a deal this good will come to pass again now that the resetter is out and Canon probably has not caught on yet, as any corporate promo takes weeks to approve. Once wind of a resetter gets back to Canon, the promos will likely not be as good. Totally guessing as you never know.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
mikling said:
..and also check the wall outlet where you live as well.

According to this site the printer accepts 120/230 VAC 50/60 Hz, so the use of an American printer in Europe should be no problem: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/inkjet-printer/canon-pixma-pro-100/details/

The new REdSETTER makes this printer very interesting for refillers, but the European price of 367£ does not, so import might be profitable.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
The actual field experience with the i9900's show "frequent motherboard failures" with the symptom of "won't power up". I've had it happen to me.

Have there been any similar reliability issues with the PRO-100??

Wayne

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Too early to determine I would say. Some apparently had some firmware issues that caused some printing issues. Drivers were updated as the early ones had bugs. However for the rebated price including high quality paper, you will not find a better printer for the same price or even 3 to 4 times the rebated price. It is truly a gift to the US consumer. I've owned mine since spring and it has performed flawless even after using it for development purposes. YMMV.

The i9900 behaves the same way as the other BCI-6 printers. Failure on the logic board can sometimes take the printhead down with it and a replacement printhead will suffer the same fate again if it is the logic board. I experienced this on the BCI-6 days. I have not had the same happen on the following generation CLI-8. However, Canon printheads do fail electronically from time to time, Epson also has cartridge recognition failures as well resulting in dead printers so not everything is bullet proof. Heck even my mechanical pencil breaks it graphite from time to time.