Canon Pro-100 For $99....?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Many thanks for the encouraging words! BTW, the excellent instructions with the Precision Colors kit I bought (with the resetter, oh yes) mention merely drilling a 5/32" hole adjacent to the factory fill port. This sounds a LOT easier than fiddling with extracting the ball, and then enlarging the hole. Is there a down-side to this method? I presume that the sponge filling the chamber one drills into would catch any plastic bits from the drill, and save clogging the head?

Would it be possible to drive the ball down into the ink chamber, and then enlarge the hole? The extraction process sounds pretty awful....:eek:

I'm so glad to have found this forum! The friendly, helpful folks and the wealth of information are wonderful!:love

George,

I have to tell you that extracting the ball is NOT a problem. It sounds more difficult in the instruction, than what you will experience in reality.

Honestly it takes only a few seconds. The secret is to heat up a small threaded hook with a candle. Use small pliers to screw it into the ball, and extract. I think the precision colours kit even includes this small hook and detailed instuctions. The detailed instructions are also somewhere on this site and worth reviewing.

Roy