Canon Pro-100 For $99....?

jecottrell

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Amazon Rebates...

I don't know if this is a correct assumption, but I would be very careful of meeting the requirements of the Amazon rebate. I could not find qualifying paper to buy from Amazon to get the $300 rebate. I THINK to qualify for the rebate the purchase must be from Amazon, not just through Amazon, if that makes sense. turbguy mentions that in his post. My problem was, I couldn't locate paper from Amazon and ended purchasing from B&H.

I just looked, it doesn't look like Amazon has any more printers.:(

Bithead

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Amazon Rebates...

I don't know if this is a correct assumption, but I would be very careful of meeting the requirements of the Amazon rebate. I could not find qualifying paper to buy from Amazon to get the $300 rebate. I THINK to qualify for the rebate the purchase must be from Amazon, not just through Amazon, if that makes sense. turbguy mentions that in his post. My problem was, I couldn't locate paper from Amazon and ended purchasing from B&H.

I just looked, it doesn't look like Amazon has any more printers.:(

I got mine from Adorama. The ad is still up on their site.

jecottrell

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
I got mine from Adorama. The ad is still up on their site.

I just ordered my second from Adorama. I figured a second set of carts, 50 more sheets of paper and a printhead for $99 was a good deal. Just have to convince the CFO of what a great idea it is.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I just ordered my second from Adorama. I figured a second set of carts, 50 more sheets of paper and a printhead for $99 was a good deal. Just have to convince the CFO of what a great idea it is.
One rebate per household...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks turbguy.

The terms of the rebate are a little confusing. The Amazon seller page states $100 rebate if just purchasing the printer alone. The rebate , however, states $200 rebate which would make the printer a $32 printer at the price listed at the moment! Wow.

Even better, buying paper with the printer and you will actually MAKE MONEY on the deal!!!!

*EDIT*
I wrote the above and then got UPS delivery of the new Amazon Kindle Fire HDX. Set it up and checked out a few things. Very nice!:love

Unfortunately, while playing with the Fire, no more stock via Amazon sold and shipped, which are terms of rebate. :(

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
It could be you'll get something else than a printer, I just locally got a good deal 50% cheaper than usual on L800. But I don't think it'll be just as easy as expecting to really get it.

Like I expected the company after having my money for 8 days replied they have no more in stock and denied my order. They agreed to refund me. Wonder if it took them 8 days to realize they can't sell it, how long will they need to refund?

Another puzzle is it worth getting L800 at normal price? Since the CIS and INK bough separately would cost the same as P50/T50 + CIS + INK (at least if you compare a quality CIS and EPSON ink vs. OCP ink.) Yes I know you can get more ink like OCP but EPSON ink (even provem it's not claria still outerperfoms any third party I know)

And as I said print heads for my old 6700D would have no warranty because you must ship entire printer + OEM carts + no printer mods to claim warranty. (as you know I did ink waste container mod). So what would you suggest?

Last edited:

jecottrell

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-100
Both printers arrived yesterday. Got the rebates completed with the finest detail and mailed off. Then got one up and running today. This is my first ever photo printer. Was originally thinking of an Epson 2880 over the last year or so, but when I found this forum and the ability to reliably refill carts and the rebate, that pushed me over the edge.

Print, print, print.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Both printers arrived yesterday.
I found this forum and the ability to reliably refill carts and the rebate, that pushed me over the edge.

Print, print, print.
It sounds like you’ll fit in very well with the rest of the Printaholic’s here :love :ya :woot