Canon Pro-100 cabinet removal procedure.

FWP

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
i860, i960, MX340, (2) Pro 100
Using the wrong Service Tool version may make Service Mode inaccessible even subsequent tries with the correct version. Additionally, what used to work may not work now for your model. Also, the sequence of button pushes to enter Service Mode (to be able to use the Service Tool) is specific to the printer model. So don't start trying things until you get solid info first.

The Service Tool King of the forum is @PeterBJ. He has an entire thread on this topic. The '@' followed by the forum member's name will send a notification that someone mentioned the member specifically in their post. In other words, Peter will now be notified of my post and therefore your questions on resetting the Pro 100 waste ink counter to factory fresh.
Thank you this helps moving forward, I will seek his counsel.

MichaelDargan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro1 Epson 730 & SCP600
I had one of these printers. The print head failed so I replaced it only to have a fault in the motherboard appear which would have meant spending hundreds more to resolve. Having already spent hundreds of dollars on ink I cut my losses and took it to the tip after letting it sit in the garage for a while while I thought of my options. I ended up buying an Epson SC600 and it has performed flawlessly. The Canon is a great printer, when it goes, but it seems prone to faults. It is a very complicated design with specific needs in managing it. If I had some of the experts here within easy distance I might have been able to resurrect it but realistically I’m not sorry to see it go.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had one of these printers. The print head failed so I replaced it only to have a fault in the motherboard appear... It is a very complicated design with specific needs in managing it
You must be the most unfortunate Pro 100 owner of all times, because the reliability longevity are second to none with this printer, complicated it’s not, more like easy and simple, but everyone to his own… My two cent worth..